Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jashwanthsondi   06 December 2018

credit card sales - wrong commitments - Nodal officer covering the bank with false statement.

As usual received multiple calls to take loans and pre-approved Credit cards from bank.

After multiple rejections of sales call.... it happened that I have a requirement of cash and then agreed to take credit card by calling phone banking officer, I was offered r.s 1,30,000/- as credit limit and card would be delivered within 7-10 days
and as confirmation I was given reference number. I took a verbal confirmation that credit card is pre-approved and no in person verification required or no papers doc's required and bank prechecked and your qualified to avail credit card, for that I need to enter my debit card number and pin on call with phone banking officer and the IVR authorised successful and I was given reference number.

it's been 10 working days and I didn't receive card hence I called phone banking officer for the reason and I was informed "apologies for inconvenience, no reason was given" spoke to manager and as my pre-approved offer is still active , they processed 2nd Time same verbal confirmation is taken much detailedly and strongly, with 7-10 days delivery and 1,30,000/- limit.

Even after applying 2nd time, card is not delivered. hence spoke to phone banking managers multiples of them and none could resolve and couldn't give a Valid reason, hence raised a compliant rather then applying 3rd time and my compliant would be addressed or resolved in 5working days and nobody at least addressed it even after 15 days and I called phone banking and asked for reason why my compliant is not addressed till date after 15days, I was told a reason as declined.
Hence I raised another compliant, number is given by manager stating he would resolve in next 24 hrs but none addressed me within 24hrs and even after 5 Working days also my compliant is not addressed. I called phone banking demanding a reason for everything and need resolution on call only. which the manager couldn't do it.

Hence raised a written email complaint to nodal officer the bank, the actual SLA for nodal is 5 working day's to resolve or reply but they didn't do it and after multiple escalations from managers that nodal didn't respond on my email, hence I received a response from customer service which I didn't even send them, requesting me for time. I declined to receive response from customer service and demanded response from Nodal, hence nodal replied after 25days seeking for more time for resolution.

In this meanwhile, I received calls from local branch office person speaking Telugu not from sales or customer service. stating I have pre-approved loan of 2,50,000/- which will disbursal of amount in one day, on my approval. multiple times I was bothered by 1 person. first time receiving call from local branch office that to take loan of 250000/- however I denied to take loan because once nodal acknowledges mistakes I would proceed accordingly.

I received resolution from nodal, bank checks credit worthiness by CIBIL score and other job , criminal case factors etc... and my credit card is declined on that factor.

when I applied for credit card I took verbal confirmation that, I was given pre-approved credit card after bank checking relationship with good transactions I was offered pre-approved credit card with limit of RS 1,30,000/- and there is nothing can stop me to get credit card as i bank found credit Worthy.
I checked CIBIL score and found 812 while applying for loan so no point of low credit score.

As nodal officer giving a reason, credit worthiness it is declined then I sent response why was it pre-approved credit card and I have verbal confirmation, also didn't receive response for multiple of my questions and they stopped send reply.

what should I do ?
I have everything documented and recorded.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 December 2018

As per your post, the comments casting negative aspersions of credit worthiness are in writing and CC Company could have avoided casting such negative aspersions. The CC Company might have also stated in writing about other comments posted by you.

The CC Company can decline to issue CC without stating any reason as well.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 December 2018

You may take help for any matter from, elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, religious scholars/leaders, influential persons, Employee’s/Trade union leaders, help groups for spouses (Husband/wife)  etc and  find a very able LOCAL counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Consumer/Civil  matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you after examining all case related docs, inputs,  evidences on record.

Obtain proper legal opinion in writing!

Avoid acting on your own on hearsay.

One should not fall for IT’s and entities loitering at online portals to allure unsuspecting querists……the personal details of unsuspecting querists/citizens get stored in databanks/compromised.

There are many threads on such instances at LCI also.

Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law.

There are such very able counsels at each location.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL; Consumer/Civil Courts, HC, SC,..

You can also try for FREE legal Aid from Legal aid center (DLSA) that is usually within LOCAL courts complex..preferably from a very able counsel specializing in Consumer/Civil  matters.

Your counsels can advise after examining all docs/record/inputs pertaining to your matter and opine on merits about acgtin that you are contemplating and help you and even draft the requisite documents/communications for you to mind your long term interest.

You can also search threads on similar query in SEARCH option ON left Hand side of threads in Forum/Experts section. Having learnt a lesson, remember to consult beforehand for your matters or any matter about which you are not properly informed.

There have many instances of such entities operating with multiple fake Id’s at online portals.

The FEE of all LOCAL counsels at all LOCATIONS is not high/unreasonable as mis-believed by many.

Many counsels even at State Capital/Metro towns  do not demand unreasonable high FEE.

IT is rather at online portals that unsuspecting querists are mislead as per many publications, by IT’s and Entities that pose as some Lawyer (actually LIAR) and flaunt/advertise firms that are not Law Firms (Actually LIAR’s Firms) to believe that LOCAL counsels are not knowledgeable..are incompetent.

In Reality the LOCAL counsels win cases in LOCAL courts at all LOCATIONS.

You can go thru/search the cases contested by any Lawyer at court website.

A good counsel shall tell point balnk on merits and scope in action being contemplated or NO merits and NO scope.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register