Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sathiyan (Engineer)     19 July 2013

Credit card fraudlent transactions

Dear Sir,

I am holding SBI credit card from the year 2007 & i never had issues till Mar 28-2013. On Mar 28-2013, Some body did on-line transactions in United States Dollar for Around Rs 16000/- .

I came to know this two days later but before i realise this; SBI credit card company hotlisted my credit card & they freezed my credit card.

On 31-Mar-2013, i contacted the SBI credit card customer care & informed about the fraud & my non-authorization those transactions. They accepted my complaint & requested me to submit the dispute forms & i submitted the same to them via E-mail on 1-Apr-2013.

Nodal officer from SBI card called me & assured that my money will be credit ed back within 120 days & i need not bother when those transactions are really fraudent.

After my remainder SBI card replied that all transactions are legible & i need to clear the dues with fine for 3 months which they took for investigation. I replied back with the non-acceptance to pay the outstanding dues & asked for report on the transactions.

The SBI card customer care called me on 26-Jun-2013 & they will surely help me to resolve this issue with money back but they replied back on 17-Jul-2013 by saying that they cannot recover the money & i have to contact the merchant for the recovery & has to pay the money to SBI credit card.

The contact details what ever they sent doesnot contain contact name/Phone number/E-mail of the merchant & i asked for more clarification on how the hotlisted transaction is approved without my acknowldegement. SBI card is not giving valid information on the merchant & also for my query on approval of fraudlent transactions which they detected.

Please direct me what to do now!

Am i bound to pay the money for fraudulent transactions to the credit card company?

Note: Please find the discussions in the attachment with SBI card!

Thanks,

Sathiyan

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 July 2013

The company is responsible for phishing attack.

The company is holding you responsible without proving or even providing proof that you knew of forgery…………………

Don’t waste time and don’t remain entangled with this emails and phone calls with the customer care executives, Nodal Officer or principle Nodal officer etc………….. Approach a lawyer specializing in consumer matters and IT Act (Section 66 and 66A of ITA 2000/ITA 2008), and pull them to court of law………………….

Don’t limit yourself to consumer complaint obtain injunction from reporting you to credit bureaus including but not limited to CIBIL, EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN, MCNF…………..etc

Record all calls.

Prefer to submit complaint by hand under acknowledgment to local employee of the company along with crowd of well wishers.

Lodge a police complaint, and name the local employees by name…………..

Lodge a complaint with RBI:

Smt. Uma Subramaniam
Chief General Manager -in-Charge
Department of Non-Banking Supervision
Central Office
Centre I, World Trade Centre, Cuffe Parade
Mumbai-400 005.

Phone: 022-22153350

Email id: cgmicdnbsco@rbi.org.in

THE DETAILED DUTIES OF DNBS CAN BE SEEN AT:

( DNBS:  Dept. of Non banking Services)

https://www.rbi.org.in/scripttttts/AboutUsDisplay.aspx?pg=Depts.htm#DNBS

YOU MAY ALSO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH:

. D SubbaraoGovernorReserve Bank of IndiaCentral Office Building, 18th Floor, Shahid Bhagat Singh Roadumbai-400 001.

022-22660868

governor@rbi.org.in

This credit Cards company is notorious. Search the net for consumer complaints against this company.....................

The CIC had declared that RTI Act applies to this company, so was the fear that this company rushed to HC to get a stay.

You may find the threads and attachments useful.

Keep this thread updated.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Bank-s-liability-for-phishing-fraud-67455.asp#.UH1uBO-bcwc

https://www.qadit.com/blog/?p=1153

Banks responsible for hacked customer accounts

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Fradulent-transaction-from-my-bank-account-72268.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Internet-fraud-72353.asp#.URy5MTcw9JI

You will note that there are indivisuals who are working on cyber crime and they may be in aposition to guide and help you like:

https://prpoint.com/poll/public/survey.php?name=bankfraud

His details are furnished below:

V Rajendran

Advocate and Cyber Law Consultant

Senior Vice President, Cyber Society of India

044-22473849;     9444073849

https://venkrajen.in/

Mr.V. Rajendran

Old No.4, New No.7 First Main Road, Bharat Nagar, Madipakkam,  Chennai 600091.

Phone : 22473848, 22473849
Mobile : 9444073849

Email:  venkrajen@yahoo.com,   venkrajen@hotmail.com

You may proceed as deemed fit at your end.

Attached File : 111227751 cyber phishing crime and judgements.zip downloaded: 203 times

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 July 2013

well elaborated by Mr Kumar Doab

Sathiyan (Engineer)     25 July 2013

Hi Sir,

SBI credit card officer from CEO help desk mailed me saying that the transactions are valid as they have been performed in a Secure electronic Commerce environment and have been validated by Card CVV and Date Of Birth over the Internet. They are also claiming that correct 3D secure password has been used for all those fraudent attacks.

I never ever used particularly my DOB over internet for any transactions! They are keep on compelling me to take the responsibility for those fraudulent transactions which are performed without my knowledge.

The bank has identified the theft & the suspended my card but they approved those fraudulent transactions to the merchant by understanding those are fraudulent transactions. They were not at all answering to my above question of approval on fraudulent transactions.

Please help me here for the verdict.

Thanks much,

Sathiyan A

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 July 2013

I never ever used particularly my DOB over internet for any transactions! 

fraudulent transactions which are performed without my knowledge.

The bank has identified the theft

hey approved those fraudulent transactions to the merchant by understanding those are fraudulent transactions.

“They were not at all answering to my above question of approval on fraudulent transactions.

You have answered your own questions……………………

The CC Company has paid the amounts to merchant so that it does not get sued by some million dollar suit by the merchant and has transferred the onus on you.

Learning from this thread also is: Avoid Internet Based Transactions. There are no locks for thieves.

You may not prolong to remain entangled with this CC Company which shall not own the responsibility till an order by court of law is issued in your favor.

In the meantime you shall get reported to Credit Bureaus.

If you have contacted the Organizations and individuals specializing in cyber crime e.g. NAAVI and your lawyer proceed under their expert advice.

You may proceed as deemed fit at your end.

mahendra limaye (Cyber Legal Consultant)     12 August 2013

Dear Friend you have CIVIL REMEDY available which will make Bank liable to refund your entire amount.Contact CYBER LIGAL CONSULTANT for advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register