LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fakirmohan Pradhan (JE)     28 July 2016

Credit card default

SIR, I HAVE TAKEN A CREDIT CARD FROM ICICI BANK IN FEB 2008. I HAD DONE SOME TRANSACTION USING THAT CARD. I WAS REPAYING THE EMI'S IN TIME. IN BETWEEN THE BANK STARTED CHARGING EXTRA AMOUNTS ON MY CREDIT CARD BILL FOR CHARGES TOWARDS HEALTH INSURANCES, FOR WHICH I WAS NEVER AGREED UPON. MORE OVER, I AM WORKING IN DEFENCE ORGANISATION FOR WHOM MEDICAL FACILITY IS FREE. AFTER CONTACTING THE CONCERNED OFFICIALS REGARDING MY EXTRA CHARGES, THEY WERE RELUCTANT TO REPLY. DUE TO THAT I DID NOT PAY THE AMOUNT. NOW, I WANT TO SETTLE THE ISSUE. CAN I TAKE ANY LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE BANK. PLEASE GUIDE ME.

Learning

8 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     28 July 2016

If you  did not opt for Health Insurance, the Bank is not supposed to charge any amount for it. You can approach Banking Ombudsman on this issue.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     28 July 2016

Non payment of credit card amount may affect your credit score. Better to pay the minimum amout atleast to avoid any adverse remark on your score.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 July 2016

Did you complain in writing?

Do you have call log/complaint number?

Was M/s ICICI Bank reluctant to correct the error in writing?

Saket Bisani (King)     28 July 2016

Write to icici bank and see if they resolve the issue. Next you can approach the consumer court or banking ombudsman. Consult a attorney to help you get the necessary paper work in order.

Saket Bisani (King)     28 July 2016

Write to icici bank and see if they resolve the issue. Next you can approach the consumer court or banking ombudsman. Consult a attorney to help you get the necessary paper work in order.

kishore patel (PROP)     29 July 2016

Banking Ombudsman is mere eye wash....

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     29 July 2016

Best way to resolve the issue is to first write a letter to the Chairman of the Bank under Registered Post Acknowledgement Due (through Post Office and not through Courier) and preserve the acknowledgement. It is better such letter is sent in in-land format (so that Bank at a later shall not claim to have received empty cover) and preserve the Registered Post acknowledgement and acknowledgement. If no reply or proper reply is not forthcoming, file a case in Banking Ombudsman. Details are available in RBI website.  Click on the following link and follow the procedure

https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=24

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 July 2016

You can also write to:

Smt. Uma Subramaniam
Chief General Manager -in-Charge
Department of Non-Banking Supervision
Central Office
Centre I, World Trade Centre, Cuffe Parade
Mumbai-400 005.

Phone: 022-22153350

Email id: cgmicdnbsco@rbi.org.in

THE DETAILED DUTIES OF DNBS CAN BE SEEN AT:

( DNBS:  Dept. of Non banking Services)

https://www.rbi.org.in/scripttts/AboutUsDisplay.aspx?pg=Depts.htm#DNBS

YOU MAY ALSO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH:

Governor
Reserve Bank of India
Central Office Building
18th Floor, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road
Mumbai-400 001.

022-22660868

GO thru:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register