Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     13 June 2012

Courts have two sorts of review: regular, extraordinary

It will be nice if an important doubt that has been doing my mind is answered:

I presume: 'Courts review its orders in two ways:

1. Regular review: i.e. Court passed an order after depth hearing of the case. One of the 

parties is aggrieved and requests for review.

2. EXTRA-ORDINARY review. i.e. Court passed an order based on / assuming some facts.

One of the  parties dug up some facts much later. THESE FACTS ARE VERY IMPORTANT

BASIS FOR THE CASE. The facts now on hand with decisive proof shows that the other

party MISREPRESENTED THE BASIC FACTS  i.e. the order is based on wrong

assumptions and lies told to the court in court.

MY DOUBT IS: 'Is the court not bound to review its decision in case 2?'

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     13 June 2012

If the facts discovered subsequently later - were discoverable with due diligence earlier as well - then in that case no review is permissible, because in such cases if review is made permissible there would be no finality to judicial decisiions. 

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     13 June 2012

Originally posted by :Adv. Bharat Chugh
"
If the facts discovered subsequently later - were discoverable with due diligence earlier as well 
"

Sir,

No the facts were not even known to the court. This fact might have been assumed by Hon'ble Bench. The fact has been conclusively unearthed now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register