LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amit (none)     03 March 2011

Counting of past military service for pension purpose

have tried to get help from this site earlier also but of no avail.  Am again requesting for guidance.  I joined a Government bank after resigning from my service in the Indian Air Force for 10 years and 4 months.  However, when i applied for counting of my past military service for pension purpose in the bank, they say that i am not an ex servicemen .  Air force has written 'individual not falling in the category of Ex servicemen' on my Discharge Certificate , and therefore, the bank officials say that since you are not an ex servicemen the benefit of counting past military service cannot be given to me.

My concern is that though technically i am not an ex -servicemen and therefore, do not get any of the benefits extended by the government to them;  however, i have rendered military service and have resigned only after obtaining due permission and following all the procedures.  So why my service in the military should not be taken as military service and not be counted for pension purpose in my new organisation i.e. the bank.

thanking you sir,

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

Dear Amit,

Please inimate if at present you are receiving any retirement benefit from the Airforce for the service rendered in the Airforce.

You may also send other complete information at my email, if you like, for detailed examination to see how you can be benfitted in your present service.

PS Dhingra

Chief Executive Officer

Dhingra Group of Management & Vigilance Consultants

New Delhi-110089

Mobile: 09968076381

[dcgroup1962@gmail.com]

amit (none)     07 March 2011

Dear Sir,

Pursuant to your message,i would like to add that  I got my Service and Death cum Retirement Gratuity , leave encashment and my pf dues from the air force on my discharge .  i am not receipt of any pension.

(Guest)

Dear Amit,

You were eligible for opting for counting of your past Govrnmnt service with your service with the PSU Bank within 6 months of your joining on surrendering the benefits you received from the Airforce.

Arabinda Bhattacharjee (Special Assistant)     06 September 2011

Hello;

I served Indian Air Force for 9 years and 9 months and took discharge on personal ground. I was granted discharge as an Ex-Service man without any pensionery benefit. I joined State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur as Ex-Serviceman and recently opted for pension in their latest option offer for pension (in 2010).

In bank I shall complete 30 years at time of retirement as such not entitled for full pensionery benefits ( it requires 33 years or more years of service). I intend to know, am I entitled to get any benefit for my service with Air Force for almost 10 years! If so, how do I proceed? Kindly clarify.

Thanks and regards,

Arabinda Bhattacharjee

(M)..9433365425

Rajesh Vangavolu (LIA)     22 September 2011

Previously I had been working in Indian Air Force as regular employee. I applied to the present post through proper channel called under “direct recruitment through open competition” and produced NOC at the time of interview. Consequent upon my selection, I applied for the discharge from Indian Air Force on 18-08-2006 to take up the new appointment on 31-08-2006, which as per CCS rules amounts to resignation a “technical formality” for administrative reasons. I received only service gratuity, Death-cum- Retirement Gratuity, leave encashment except the pension from Indian Air Force (IAF)  because I had served IAF only 09 yrs 05 months.

My new employer follows CCS(pension) Rules 1972. As per new Govt of India order issued vide G.I. Dept. of Pen. & P.W. O.M.No. 28/30/2004- P & PW (B) dated 28-10-2009, I have requested my new employer to count my past IAF service towards pension, whch was rejected.

Kindly guideus whether my past service will be counted or not.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 November 2011

Rajesh Vangavalue need to see CCS(Pension)_ Rules

AJAY KUMAR (ASSISTANT MANAGER)     28 August 2013

Dear sir, In SBI employees pension fund rules there is no such clouse yet. And Rule 19 of CCS(pension ) does not apply to SBI employees. However in New Pay revision Association and unions have demanded the same rule be made applicable to bank employees too.

Nirakara (Scientist)     21 March 2018

Can you please call me on 9861104929. I had a similar case.

N Subudhi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More