Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

G.H.Rao (self)     18 July 2012

Correction of name in the registered document -reg

Dear all

I my sister purchased a plot of area 240 Yards in the year 1994 and that was registered in the name of Lavanya w/o Late Ram reddy. But actually my sisters name is Lalitha .We have not noticed till date. We constructed a house in that place. Now we want to sell the house. Whether it is possible to change to my name in the document or we can straight away sell the house. My name in all the photo ID is Lalitha. At present the person who sold the plot to us is away and their where abouts are also not known.The Muncipal Taxes we are paying is in the name of Lalitha.

In this connection What is the procedure for either change of name in the registred document or how we can sell the house.  Urgent help is reqd...........................

Learning

5 Replies

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     18 July 2012

Dear querist, contact a local advocate who will prepare a rectification deed and your sister with the seller of the land get it registered

G.H.Rao (self)     19 July 2012

Thanq sir for your suggestion , but the thing is Seller s where about not known.  Pl clarify sir

mohan (advocate)     21 July 2012

Actually there is no problem in selling as you are in possession of property and no adverse claim is there .possession also give you right to sell the property  and if no adverse claim come in light  there is no difficulty in selling but as your name is worngly mentioned  in deed you must apply in the court for a deed of rectification in which you mention your possesion with proof and accordingly rectification in your name.

mohan (advocate)     21 July 2012

Actually there is no problem in selling as you are in possession of property and no adverse claim is there .possession also give you right to sell the property  and if no adverse claim come in light  there is no difficulty in selling but as your name is worngly mentioned  in deed you must apply in the court for a deed of rectification in which you mention your possesion with proof and accordingly rectification in your name.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 July 2012

Your sister has to submit an affidavit of correction in name in the particular document and submit to the sub-registrar office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register