Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sangith (buissiness)     25 June 2010

Live-in relationship

Dear all, 

My query is regarding live-in relationship, plz reply. My friend has taken a house on rent in Chennai. He wid his lover(girl) goes there n spends some time together in their privacy.. normally 2 days in a week, but do not stay there at night, cos its kept as a secret from the family.  No rental agreement has been made yet. They are worried about d legal side of dis n police intervrntion( like terming it as illegal or even immoral). Does any legal document need to b made in case any police intervention hapens.. How do they b on a safe side to prevent any police exploitation? The girl is 20 n he is 23yrs(both unmarried).

Thanking you i anticipation.

Learning

6 Replies

Adv.Aiyer VLV (Proprietor)     25 June 2010

Sangith

Live-in-relationship is permitted. There is no offence.

What you are stating is not a live-in, but 2 adults enjoying s*x twice a day. This is also not an offence legally.

why not they marry? (Alaipayuthe-Saathiya style)

regards

sangith (buissiness)     26 June 2010

Tq for the reply sir. .I asked them, they r both studying currently. so r waitin 4 some more time 2 get a job n convince their parents.. n sir dey r meeting wenever possible in dis rented house but not stayin there permanently is because dey r hiding it from their parents..

need more info on this please sir,They are worried about d legal side of dis n police intervrntion( like terming it as illegal or even immoral). Does any legal document need to b made in case any police intervention hapens.. How do they b on a safe side to prevent any police exploitation?Can any affidavit or so support this kind f a live-in relationship.

Adv.Aiyer VLV (Proprietor)     26 June 2010

Sangith

they can decide to wait for all things, then they won't need rented house.  If their mind alone wait, bodies can't they can get married using special marriages Act, which process takes about a month time.

However, there is nothing wrong in doing it legally. 

why is the fear or they paying money already to some blackmailing PC. get hold of a bold advocate and take action. what agreement is done for marriage. it has witnesses to say they are married.

Live-in relationship is not fully accepted in society. so hosue owner, neighbours will have peer pressure. issue is not social acceptance. police intervention. 

Why not your friend stop thinking of meeting for some time and get on with studies? it is most important if they want a good future. 

an affidavit or agreement may not help a prostitution case. If police wants to foist that case, they can. why give chances by meeting like this. 

if two adults want to have s*x there is no problem - SC ruling. but how does anyone distinguish it from prostitution. prostitution for 1 night, few nights and this for many nights. if they want to convince parents let them now. else if they want to wait, really wait. 

after all s*x is hardly 1% of life. sleep is 35% and job/study is 33%. so why lose sleep for s*x.

immorality has nothing to do with police. there is no illegality

you can't run life like this fearing for what may be called immoral or illegal pervertedly continuously. 

regards

1 Like

VERY true sir.. i understand ur side.. it can come from a very matured person like you.. but dey r young, immatured n cant stop meeting(lol).. jus wanna kno more on how to differenciate this as a live-in from a prostitution?? plz help on dis. Doesnt the Law differenciate between the two?

Adv.Aiyer VLV (Proprietor)     26 June 2010

sangith

we have also crossed age which your so called friend is in. we are not far from s*x as of yet. your LOL here is not in right spirit. (FB effect)

law is common sense. Use yours and tell me,

a) if you were an inspector and find 2 persons in intercourse, you get promoted for catching prostitution and nothing for leaving them as live in 

b) what proof you will accept if they need to prove they are in live-in

c) how will you believe they are not faking?

the police inspector whom you will meet also will have similar thinking with more legal knowledge.

meeting can happen anywhere. if it is s*x you need privacy of a house being rented. 

so it is lust and no love.

bye

tq for your time sir.. bye...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register