LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shrey Jain   22 February 2020

Section 420

To what extent does a complaint filed under Section 420 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860 cause financial loss to the complainant?

To what extent is the scope of the above mentioned Section(Personal as well as Professional)?

Learning

6 Replies

TGK REDDI   22 February 2020

No fee is required to be paid by a Complainant unless they contract an Advocate.

1 Like

TGK REDDI   22 February 2020

I haven't been able to understand the second para of your Query.

1 Like

Adv Haresh Raichura (Advocate on Record)     22 February 2020

The questions are not clear. Please elaborate details.
1 Like

Shrey Jain   22 February 2020

Please explain me in brief regarding scope, provisions and penalties levied under Section 420 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860.

Akshay (Advocate)     22 February 2020

Hi

Thank you for your question

Sec 420 IPC,1860-Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property- Cheating basically means a situattion where a person deceives you and takes something or makes you do something which you would have not done otherwise.It warrants a punishment of (7 years), whcih has been laid down under section 420.

An important provision has been laid doen for arrest in a number of judgements such as Agnesh Kumar by the SC and others.As per the provision , a notice under section 41A CrPC has to be served to the person being arrested without fail.

If a case is about to be initiated against a person inder section 420, anticipatory bail can be applied for under sec438 CrPC.

According to me  you should hire a good lawyer who will guide you more.

Hope this will help you

Best Regards,

Akshay Gupta

1 Like

Shrey Jain   23 February 2020

Is there any provision for penalties under Section 420, for cases, where copyright infringements occur?
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register