LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashay (none)     26 February 2014

Case against mumbai university

hello friends, i 1st  post on lawyers club. Actually when my result of Graduation came out i failed in it but when i sent the paper for rechecking i got cleared the same thing was repeated with my sister after 2 yrs but due to the delay in the process of checking the paper she lost  a opportunity that she had go in campus, she even got the call letter from the company, but as she had no Graduation pass result she was not given the opportunity  to join the company when the results came we again approached the company but the replied the the intake was closed through campus. My questions are 

1) Can i file a suit against Mumbai University?

2) under what charges ?

3) and what compensation should  I claim ?

4) are there any other points that I should consider ?

5) also guide me under what act should I file a suit ?

Thank You

Learning

3 Replies

PRASHANT (SENIOR ACCOUNTANT)     26 February 2014

Yes Mr,Ashay

1.your sister can file case against Mumbai University .

2. under consumer court since she became consumer of     university when she paid exam fees. it is duty of university to provide her all services well in time e.g. issue of marksheet, admit card, degree ,migration (if needed) . 

3. with the help of an Advocate , she can calculate and claim such amount as she fall loss due to non receipt of  result well in time which consiquently lost a golden chance to join a company with handsome package.

4.carefully gathered all evidences on which she can strongly proved her case before consumer court.

5. finally she have to file a case under CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT

1 Like

ashay (none)     26 February 2014

can i file a case for me too, if yes under what charges

and yes thank you for the reply 

really appreciate it

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     01 March 2014

First let your sister file her complaint in the consumer court as suggested by Prashant, Senior Accountant. Your sister will be called for the first hearing to decide whether her complaint should be admitted or not. If her complaint is admitted,  you come here again and pose your case.

If your sister expeditiously files the complaint,  the admission hearing will be within 15 days of her filing the complaint

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register