LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Victim of Greed (Worker)     19 January 2014

Need advice about getng passport when she has filed false DV

Hello, Well to start with, she has applied false DV case against me one year ago. Now my passport has expired and would like to renew the same. Will i be having any

Learning

5 Replies

Hello, Well to start with, she has applied false DV case against me one year ago. Now my passport has expired and would like to renew the same. Will i be having any issues to get a new one ? Just for your info., the address on the passport is different than the address given in the court. It does not come anywhere in the vicinity. So, the address in the passport and the one given in the court does not come under the same police station at all. I would request your expert opinion.

Also to add, she does not know anything about the address which is been mentioned in the passport as we never lived in that house.

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     19 January 2014

Domestic violence case is not criminal in nature so, the column asking you abt criminal say no, there should not be any problem for renewal of the passport,  further whatever info called fr, you should never tell lies else you would ruin your career

DV is not criminal case, only notice is served thru police for want of Protection Officers

Anamika Vichare

Advocate, High court

Purush Hakka Saurakshan Samittee

anamika_vichare@rediffmail.com

1 Like

Victim of Greed (Worker)     20 January 2014

Thank you Anamika ji,

Just for your info., the address on the passport is different than the address given in the court. It does not come anywhere in the vicinity. So, the address in the passport and the one given in the court does not come under the same police station at all.

I was staying with my grand-parents till the age of 17 and so my name was mentioned in the Ration Card. The address on the passport is of my grand-parents residence. My current address is true and is updated in the court so am not hiding anything at all. It is just that she does not know I have my passport because we never talked about it.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     20 January 2014

Dear Querist

there is no major issue in passport issuence if DV case or 498A case is pending before the court, the passport authority can not refused to issue/renew the passport on this ground.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register