Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pushkraj (3rd Engg)     09 May 2013

How to make changes to survey number after registration

Good Day All,

Recently there has been a purchase of flat by me. The Documentation was done through a Real Estate broker and his lawyer involved who has made a mistake in writing Survey number of the so called flat. It was an investor's flat who had brought it from the builder. I would be the 2nd owner. 

There is a differnce in the survey nos in the previous agreement of sale and my agreement of sale.

How do I get it corrected? Do I need to pay the Stamp Duty Again?? 

Urgent replies would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Pushkraj.

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   09 May 2013

An article from economic times;----

Execution of property documents is a complex process. Often, an error occurs in the process of execution of documents. It is always advisable to get these mistakes rectified at the earliest.

The mistakes may be of various types. For example, the area of the property, its dimensions, location or the survey number may be wrong. These may be typographical errors or because of improper comparison with the property documents like the transfer deed, sale deed, title deed, revenue records etc.

These errors can be rectified through the execution of a supplementary document called rectification deed. Rectification deed is a document executed between parties to correct a mistake in the principal deed.

There must have been a bonafide mistake where the original deed does not reflect the true intention of parties to the deed. The mistake should pertain to facts only. It should not be a mistake of law.

The parties to the agreement must concur to modify the original agreement by addition, deletion or rectification of any terms referred to in the already executed deed. The parties need to reduce the correction into a duly executed document. Further, they need to pay the requisite stamp duty in order to get it registered with the specified authority.

A rectification deed should be executed after mutual consent of all the parties to the main deed. All parties to the original deed should jointly execute the rectification deed as well.

Charges is minimun,no need to pay stamp duty again,contact with concerned Sub-Registrar office.

1 Like

How much would be the additional cost incured??

and do both the parties need to be present for the execution of rectification deed ?? 

Actually, the survey nos mentioned on my agreement of sale do reflect on the documents wherin the builder has acquired the said land. However on the Index 2 , there is a difference in survey numbers. The survey nos on my agreement of sale do not match the ones on the previous owners. 

Does this stil needs to be rectified? 

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     09 May 2013

Owner has to exeucte the rectification deed.

Which owner?? 1st owner or the 2nd owner is suppose to execute the rectification deed?? 

please reply..

Pushkraj (3rd Engg)     12 May 2013

Good Day all,

As per all the suggestions,a rectification deed / document needs to be executed.

Can someone please fwd me a sample draft for the correction of survey number in the registered agreement of sale of a flat.

Thanks for the previous suggestions.

Help on this topic will be highly appreciated. 

vignesh   06 August 2015

sir,

we sell land 4 year ago the surveyor provid wrong survey like 654/3 instance of he give 654/2

now another  surveyor measure he say this be 654/2 ,buyer are asked to change the document ,

we want change the  full docuent or rectification deed ,they charge of document accept  buyer  or seller

please share quickly ...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register