LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Please advice asap

I started a restaurant in a rented premise whose trade licence is on my name.My two friends look after the restaurant and as i invested more I opted to become a silent partner due to some other problems.Now I have come to know that they are cheating me showing less profit then the actual.I am feeling deprived and want to take over the business.Can I do so?
We have an internal agreement among us which states that for their small investment they are my partners.Can I revoke the partnership deed on the ground that they have cheated me by not allowing them to enter the restaurant ?If I do so is it possible for them to get an injunction order causing closure to the restaurant?
Please advice. 

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     08 August 2012

Dear Suraj,

I have gone through your comments. Fisrt, let me know do you have any evidence to show that they have cheated upon you???

Second, do you want to continue with them as a partner???

Further, you need to show the partnership deed to an Advocate who can guide you on the based of the clauses written in the Partnership deed.

You may call on 9324538481 for legal assistance.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

(Guest)

No I have no evidence .

I dont want to continue with them.

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     08 August 2012

Dear Suraj,

In that case either you have to terminate the partnership or you have to retire from the partnership firm.

Kindly call on 9324538481 as it is difficult to speak entire action online.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

surjit singh (Assistant)     08 August 2012

As a sleeping partner you have a right to inspect the record of the business house at any reasonable time, if they do allow you, you can give them a legal notice asking them to allow you to inspect the record with a further intimation that not allowing to do so will compell you to take necessary steps to dissolve the partnership and in that case the business will be closed. So far taking injunction is concered file a caveat petition before the lower court so that you may be given opportunity of being heard before any order of injunction is passed. I think in that case it will be difficult for them to get injunction from the court

1 Like

Cynthia (House wife)     09 August 2012

Hi,

I need help with family law. Am married for 19 yrs to my husband. I have two children 18 and 13 yrs old.  We left India to Singapore in 2000 and in 2008 we moved to Australia. My husband is very controlling. He had everything under his name. We built a house in Madrai and he had it registered in his name. He made his sister live in that house on rent free. He hurt me emotionally, physically, psychologically and economically. He doesnt like me having friends or $5 in my hand. I kept quite for the sake of children. My parents were also abused via email and sms by my husband. 

My husbad always threatens me that he will leave me pennyless like a begger in the Indian streets as I am still an Indian Citizen while he and my children have got Singapore Citizenship.

Now my children are finding it hard to see me living like this and they are encouraging me to get separation and evantually divorce him. Am applying for separation in Austalia under Austalian Govt. I want to the following:

1. Do I have to file any form with Indian court?

2. What will happen to the property? Will I be given able to get a share in the property?

Thank you

Cynthia

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register