LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bina (freelancer)     08 October 2011

Tv serials misleading

Isn't there a way to stop serials on TV channels misrepresenting facts. For example Balika Badhu on Colors, Jagiya getting away with two marriages, Anandi is his lawful wife, so does law give permission to take on another wife. I am shocked and disappointed that till date no one has protested against it, this is an insult to women folk even in the 21st century they are treated as mere objects, even their depiction of Doctors is grossly wrong. The problem is, these serials are being watched by every strata of society, now my maids daughter who has been recently married is being asked by her husband to marry someone else, this is the impact of such irresponsible depiction. Instead of building Anandi's character, showing her doing serious studies and going on to doing her postgraduation in social work, coming back to the village and working for the upliftment of the village people and then standing for panchayat elections and winning and being awarded for her work, and being a role model for the rest of the people in the village, instead we show her as a character with no direction. Can somebody help me how to take the makers of this serial to task.

Learning

4 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     08 October 2011

Bina! I am 101% with you and feel proud of social thinking persons like you. his problem is no only social but our individual. Our own children are also impressed by dual characters due to T V Serials. Media has been made as God Father of whoel society and evey poliical pary fears while conrolling them. There is no check and balance over media. Even judicial seems fails in checking media lobby because there are not sringent laws to deal with such situation as you indicated. Let us hope a day shall come when our whole society shall united and shall unanimously demand banning such impressions coming our of media against our rich culure.

Mohammed Rizwan Shaikh (AM)     09 October 2011

@Bina......you can write it to Information and Broadcasting of India { MS. AMBIKA SONI  23384782, 23384340, 23387837, 23386892, 23384286 (Fax), 23014800 (Telefax), 23795053 (Telefax), mib.inb@gmail.com} and the director of this serial is Sidharth Sengupta & Pradeep Yadav...... Production Company .......Sphereorigins Multivision Pvt. Ltd 

Mohit Attri (lawyer)     25 October 2011

file public interest litigation against the serial is best remedy

1 Like

(Guest)

If any content of the program is objectionable, you may complain to the concerned board formed by the Government of India. I think it is ibfindia. Plese cross check once again before making any complaint. visit the website ibfindia.com for further details.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register