Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     17 January 2009

CAPITAL PUNISHMENT

SAUDI MAN BEHEADED FOR MURDER

16 Jan 2009, 1458 hrs IST, AFP

RIYADH: A Saudi man convicted of murder was beheaded by the sword on Thursday in the south-western border town of Abha, the interior ministry said.

Moshabab bin Ali al-Ahmari used a machine gun to kill compatriot Said bin Abdulrahman al-Ahmari because of a dispute between them, the ministry said in a statement carried by SPA state news agency.

It was the fifth beheading announced by the Saudi authorities since the start of 2009, while 102 were executed last year

In 2007, a record 153 people were executed in the country, which applies a strict version of sharia, or Islamic law. That figure compared with 37 in 2006 and the previous record of 113 in 2000.

Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking can all carry the death penalty in Saudi Arabia, where executions are usually carried out in public.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/World/Saudi_man_beheaded_for_murder/articleshow/3988618.cms

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, in our country, since long time and for several years, number of persons currently on death row, FOR CAPITAL PUNISHMENT TO BE EXECUTED. ?

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

IN INDIA JUDICIARY IS CLEARLY DEFINED .SUPREME COURT OF INDIA IS THE HIGHEST COURT OF APPEAL.BUT IN CASE THE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT IS CONFIRMED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA , THE APPEAL /MERCY PETITION CAN BE FILED TO THE PRESIDENT OF INDIA.CALLING ALL REPORTS FROM LOWER COURTS AND DETAILS OF HIGHCOURT JUDGEMENTS , SUPREME COURT OF INDIA JUDGEMENTS AND REPORTS OF CONCERNED LEGAL AUTHORITIES TAKES CONSIDERABLE TIME.BECAUSE INDIA IS A DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY AND EVERY INDIVIDUAL IS AWARDED AMPLE OPPORTUNITY TO DEFEND HIS CASE.HENCE EVEN IF DELAY IS CAUSED DUE TO  THE MAIN PRINCIPLE OF LAW THAT NO SINGLE INNOCENT PERSON SHOULD BE PUNISHED .REGARDS

NANDKUMAR B. SAWANT., M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

MOBILE.09325226691, 09271971251

e.mail.adv.nbsawant@yahoo.co.in

e.mail.nandkumarbs@sify.com

Shree. ( Advocate.)     18 January 2009

Dear All,

In my opinion,the death penalty should be reserved for the most gruesome crimes.When I read about horrific cases of children and women being raped and murdered I cannot think of a lesser punishment for those people. If they did not have a conscience while committing these acts,is it going to miraculously emerge when they are in solitary confinement??

Some of these people are thoroughly sane and know the repercussions of these acts,still they commit them.We should reserve no place for such beings in society.Ultimately,there is expenditure incurred for their living in Jail. Do they deserve that?

Ravi Arora (Advocate)     18 January 2009

i m agree with shree sir,

Because

friends  i think  fear of own death plays a role and gives a massage to the society that if you do like the person  who was punished the most estreem panalty ( Capital Punishment ), you will also hang like that.  and  i think some how it works

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     18 January 2009

I am with SHREE.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register