Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Damayanti (Unemployed)     11 April 2011

Are Hema Mali*i and Esha deo* muslims! like Dharmend*a?

Dharmend*a married second time although first wife alive.

He converted to islam and then married to Hema Mali*i.

Did Hema mali*i also had change the religion?

Learning

8 Replies

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     11 April 2011

live in relation! for all not only for muslims !
1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 April 2011

If she had converted to muslim nothing could have happened.

1 Like

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     11 April 2011

The children may even chose to be christians.  How does that matter.  I know this query is related to the query posted in the expert portion about marrying the Sister-in-law (who is a divorcee) while the first wife is alive.  If you are bent upon doing whatever you want, go ahead and do. Then why are you bothered about law and its consequences.  It should not matter to you at all.  Please do not waste the time here.  It is quite annoying. 

1 Like

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     11 April 2011

DHARAMNDRA IS PUNJABI. I think he is JATT SIKH.

2 Like

Damayanti (Unemployed)     12 April 2011

You are utterly mistaken Mr.Ramchandran. 

And refrain from making opinions about anyone without any base/logic. If it annoys anybody then then others can't to anything to that.

My question was very simple.

Also I have never posted such topic in experts section. This is open forum section.

If a unmarried hindu girl and muslim boy (married or unmarried) happen to get married, don't either of them require to convert to religion of partner to be? to solemnise it as per any religious marriage act.

And if boy is already married, to have a legal marriage, the girl may have to adopt islam (bigamy allowed).

Otherwise, by special marriage act also, bigamy unallowed in inter-religious marriage.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     12 April 2011

He converted to islam and then married to Hema Mali*i.

----    wrong. Dharmendra never converted himself into islam.

as his first wife has no obction, i mean to say she has not raised any legal objections, -  therefore no legal problem for dharmendra. most probably the couople 'hema - dharmendra' not legally solemnized the marriage. they are in live in.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     12 April 2011

for live in - change of religion not necessary or may say quite unnecessary.

if one converted into islam, he may go on second marriage. though sarala mudgal case tell govt to bring uniform civil code, but govt not interested to do so. a total hotch potch is there. as a result there is no legal objection for second marriage to a person converted to islam.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     13 April 2011

Originally posted by :RAKHI BUDHIRAJA
"
DHARAMNDRA IS PUNJABI. I think he is JATT SIKH.
"

Rakhi ji you are 100% correct, he is a typical Jat and Sikh from Sahnewal village in Ludhiana District of Punjab. There is no need to "think" about what you are thinking!  It is said that he was a tubewell mechanic. Some film producer was in need of some muscular soldier like fit man for role in film and he chanced to find him. An interesting news item is available here https://www.tribuneindia.com/2002/20020104/ldh1.htm

Since this live in relationship with Hema Malini was much ahead of its time in the society(hardly anyone during that time understood or could imagine the meaning of  "live in"), and no objection from his wife, hence all kinds of rumours of marriage started floating around.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register