LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swaroopa (student)     13 January 2011

mbl

what is the scope for MBL? What kind of jobs do we get after completing it?

Learning

13 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     13 January 2011

Hello Swaroopa, you have not mentioned the abrevations of MBL as there are many abrevation of MBL, but I guess you are refering to Master of Business Law. If  one completes MBL depending on the quality and the University like a reputed Benagalore National Law school etc, there is no derth for job and one can easily get into any business company including multi national company with sky rocketing pay. There are lots of opportunitie and demands in the market for MBL.

1 Like

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     13 January 2011

MBL is Master in Business Law. I am doing that course now which is a degree offered by National Law School, Bangalore. The aspirants of MBL will be from many areas such as business, engineering, HR, company secretaries, advocates etc.

Basically MBL can be studied by anyone who has not done LLB if they have a degree in any branch already. So, for those who have not studied law and who wish to do a course in a distance education opt for this course. This course will give a wider exposure to business laws which help them in their field of work. 

If the course is studied by a LLB holder, he can get the job as a legal advisor in banks, companies etc. One can also teach law with this degree as it is a Masters degree recognised by BCI. It helps them to practice better with corporate laws which fetch good fees. 

You can have a better knowledge about the course visiting NLS website as well.

1 Like

RAJESH MISHRA (Liaison Officer)     13 January 2011

Dear swaroopa,

As for as MBL concern  this is two year full time master degree. Only  two  Indian  university  offer firstly National Law School, Bangalore second Lucknow University . it is strong  prof. course . i am also completed MBL In 2007 from lucknow. this is Mix law and management  after completion you have many opportunity .

1 Like

Ramesh (S/W Engineer)     20 May 2011

Hi Mishra,

I dont have a BL or LLB degree. I have BTech(Information Technology), with this if  I study MBL can I get all the facilities as similar to a lawyer. Can I register myself in lawyers association after finishing my MBL. I dont want to go to court but I want to register myself in lawyers association whether it is possible. Please reply.

Thanks

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     20 May 2011

No, one cannot enroll themselves at bar Councils after completing their MBL. The requirement for enrollment is LLB degree from BCI recognised law college. So, if one cannot be enrolled at Bar Council, it is imperative that they cannot practice as advocates also.

Please let me know the way to study LLB in distance education from a genuine university, to become a lawyer soon... thats my ambition.

thanks

Distance education is not recognised by BCI. And when you do not wnat to practice, MBL would suffice.

But with MBL I cant register in Lawyers association also , right?

You are right. I have clarified that earlier. IF you want to enroll and practice, do LLB from a BCI recognised law collge. Or else, study MBL for knowledge sake.

D.Dakshinamoorthy (Sr.Office Supdt.,)     12 January 2013

Dear Sirs,

MBL is very good course - but without court practice.  Recognised by BCI for teaching purpose.

Kindly clarify :  In future, is there any chances for recognitiation of the MBL Degree by BCI to take

part in the court practice or the students who have passed MBL course, will they  take court practice

atleaste three to six months in any court under Law firm/Lawyer to enrol as an advocate. 

If done like this,  the MBL course would be most useful.

Dakshina

Raja (Account receivable)     19 January 2013

HI Suchitra,

Thank you so much for answering of so many questions constantly, I also have a small question for you, i am working in BPO and interested in MBL , Could you please suggest me that would that be really tuff for me doing job with this course (distance),also please let me know what are the job opportunities i can get after doing this. over all i want to know that how secure my future is, in this industry

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     19 January 2013

Dear Raja and Dakshinamoorthy, 
I do not think MBL can be recognised by BCI for enrollment. The degree is basically for those who do not wish to practice at courts but to have some knowledge about business laws. 
Since it is a distance education, one can study at his own time and get prepared for the exam. The difficulty level is moderate, in the sense that the questions asked will judge the student's capability to apply the provisions of law. 
Rather than expecting lucrative career options by having an MBL degree, it gives better edge over others by giving knowledge about business law. Basic degree of law, i.e., LLB along with MBL would fetch better career options. 

abhilesh gaikwad   11 January 2019

Dear madam,

I am pursuing LLB degree from Mumbai University
and I wanted to practice as Corporate Lawyer
does MBL course help me for become a corporate lawyer
I have Commerce degree also
or suggest me another courses 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register