LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AnonHusband (IT)     19 July 2022

Contest or mutual conundrum

I’m a 36 year old living separately from my wife since last 4+ years. Before that we stayed together for 2-3 years only. Living with her was extremely stressful and agonizing to the point that I became depressed and suicidal. That is when I decided to leave and went abroad to work and cut off all contact and financial aid. After 8 months of separation she left our marital residence and went back to live with her parents.

I came back to India post Covid and tried to convince her to get divorce. It has been more than 18 months of back and forth but she is not agreeing to get a divorce and is insisting on staying together saying that she still loves me and is never going to remarry or be with someone else. Finally I gave ultimatum and she agreed for Mutual Consent but with an exorbitant settlement amount which I cannot pay even if I wanted to. 

She is a highly celebrated professional in her field and gives the appearance of being a great person to the outside world. But privately she is a nightmare to live with (even her own family is scared of her) and can inflict extreme emotional torture through her outbursts and temper tantrums.

My question is that if I’m still young and want to raise a family but she’s not letting me go, what is the better option for me?

A. File for divorce on grounds of cruelty and spend the next 3-5 years in court battles

B. Wait for some more time and get Mutual Consent divorce with affordable settlement (1-2 years maybe)

C. Pay whatever she’s asking by taking loans and live with financial burden for the rest of my life (~6 months)

D. Any other solution?

Learning

2 Replies

anubhav Bhatt   19 July 2022

Dear Client in that situation you should atleast approach Court on the basis of Cruelty it may take time as you mentioned and if after some time her mood swings then settle it via other options but don't kill your time atleast for more clarification you may contact us then I'll elaborate properly about your case Advocate Anurag Bhatt Allahabad High Court.
Mobile 📱 9198889990.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 July 2022

It is futile to wait further, if you can not cope up with her.

File a suit for a decree of divorce through a local prudent lawyer and get settled afresh.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register