Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

alexander (nil)     13 January 2013

Contempt of court

Respected Sirs,

On expiry of my Father,a boy claiming himself to be  the only biological issue of my late broterr and his late wife filed a case for division of my late Father's immovable property. In proof he submitted a nomination from theogovt office of my brother as also school certificates ,Pasport showing the suit property as his temporary and permanet address  and CBSE certifcates and a CGHS certificate showing him to be the beneficiary of my late brother. It turned out that the CGHS certificate submitted by him was fabricated This  last  point has not yet been brought to the notice of the Court  by the Defendant)).

Judge called the Defendant. The defendant offered to undergo a DNA test with the Plaintiff. Plaintiff's lawyer asked for some time consult the client. A week's time was given.

fter seven days when the parties apeared again ,the  Concerned Judge was replaced by a different judge and the previous Judge didn't mention about the DNA test inthe Case File.  The concerned Lawyer took advantage of this and didn't mention anything about the DNA test's concurrence of his clien tor not but started vociferously about the injustice being dine to his client and that in view of the CBSE certificates. Judge asked her if she had anyBirth Certificate of the Client To which then there was no response from te Plantiff's Lawyer but he simly asked  that some more time be given for filing the Replication. Which was granted and tyhe The Judge DISSMISSED his Suitwhiich was filed under Order6 Rule 16  for expunging all clauses in the WS denying the locus of the Plaintiff as a biological son of mylate brother.

<y query is two fold

1. as The locus of the plaintiff as the  biological son or otherwise of mylatebrother was denied and it was ISSUENo 1 atthe time Issues were framed

Would the Dismissalof the Plaintiff's Application which ewas couched like an Original side Civil suit  be considered as RES JUDICATA or STARE DECISIS as far the Consideration of the ISSUE NO 1 of the ISSUES framed

CPC says that if a suit or an ISSUE hasbeen decided (in this case DISMISSED) would not be reopened again

QUERY No 2

THe Plaintiff and  His learned Counsel did not report back to the Court to cnvetyto teCourt if the Plaintiff was willing or not to undergo a DNA  test  Was the plaintiff/his Counsel was duty bound to convey the decision of th e Plaintiff irrespective of the fact thatthe Judge was routinely replaced.

as tere was no mention in the Case Dossierabout the DNA test's willingness awaited, The point was  ut to the Plaintiff during the Cross examination. His answer was "I don't knowI am not aware of ay DNA test.

On bein further reninded that hisvounsel ad sought time from the Court , He again repeated that he wasnot aware of it and doesn't know. But subsequently he admitted in te cross xamination that he had indeed refued to undergo a DNA test

Can the Lawyer of the PLaintiff   be held liable   for Conempt of the Court as per Section 2 of the Contemtof the Court Act

CAN\, IN THE FACE OF REFUAL OF THE EFUSAL OF THE DNA TEST D ABSENCE OF ANY BIRTH CERTFICATES EITHER FROM THE HOSPITL  OF BIRTH OR THE MCD , THE PLAINTIFF MAINTAIN HIS CLAIMOF BEING A BILOGICAL SON OF MY LATE BROTHER.

I am a very Senior citizen with serous Hart andother health problems , I shall be most grateful for your valuable advice with any similar case laws if possible

anant ram

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

@Senior Counsel(SC),alias T alias A.P. alias Anant.. alias....

You know it better Sir. You have replied to the same question in different forums for our enlightment.

Thank you

Sincerely

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register