Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

narendra.s.p (Chief Manager(Law))     27 September 2011

Contempt of court

The jurisdiction of the Civil Court is expressly barred under section 34 of the SARFAESI Act. However Civil court wrongly entertains & exercises jurisdiction. it also grants ex-parte stay against the defendant (Authorised Officer) from proceeding furher in enforcing its security interest under securitisation. However ignoring the ex-parte order of stay the Authorised officer proceeds further.

Will the action of the Authorised Officer amount to contempt?


 1 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     27 September 2011

Yes if the authorized officer go against the court order then he will be liable for contempt of court proceeding. so the authorized officer go to DRT first and secondly file a writ petition of Que warranto in the high court of jurisdiction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register