LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourav Chatterjee (Professional)     20 February 2012

Complaint against hotel and hotel booking agent

file a complaint in a competent consumer court against two hotels and hotel booking agents for deficiency in service. booked a luxury hotel in Darjeeling from a Kolkata based travel agent,but after reaching Darjeeling the luxury hotel managar told that their hotels damaged due to recent earthquake and transfer us to a local sub-standard lodge with inadequate services.the lodge adjusted their bill in full by the advance paid to travel agent for luxury hotel with service charges extra.in the booking voucher the agent wrote that if we cant entire in that hotel due to natural calamity then 80% of advanced amount will be refunded by them.now in the court we claim the refund of total advance payment,service charges and compensesion and legal expencess, hotels not submitt their written version but travel agent filed its written version.

what I have to do if the travel agent try to go beyond the liability to refund advance and compensation amount by stating that they are only booking agent and they are not liable for the mishap in darjeeling and they never ever get any information from the luxury hotel about the damages?

If the hotels not filed their written version during the proceedings then what I should have to do?

Learning

1 Replies

Sourav Chatterjee (Professional)     20 February 2012

Please help me with case laws.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register