Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Robin Rao (Sr. Analyst)     30 June 2015

Company is terminating me after 3 years of service

Hi Friends,

I am working in a reputed IT MNC company for last 3 years.

Recently, I applied to move in a better domain which initiated my Background Verification again.

I had submitted 3 months experience of a small company which is shut down.

I've already provided them Relieving cum Experience letter of that company.

They are asking for HR contact person or any colleague who worked there earlier; but I don't have any such info now as company is closed and I am not able to reach out to anyone.

Background verification team has asked my Delivery manager to terminate my services.

I am already under Service bond now which is of 1 Lakh value.

Would I have to pay that money also?

Below are the Screenshots of a clause in bond and consequence of Breaking that clause:

Clause 4(d)

Consequence of Breaching Clause 4 (d)

Displaying image002.png

Please assist as of what can be done from my end to avoid such embarassing situation as I had already provided them all the details.

Your prompt assistance will be appreciated from heart.

Thanks all for your help...

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 June 2015

Repeated Query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Background-verification-121645.asp#.VZLFlFJ-hkg

The BOND is crafted in lieu of What Extra Ordinary favor by employer?

Some certified training at employer's expenses from some certified Instt that added to your qualification?

Robin Rao (Sr. Analyst)     30 June 2015

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your answer.

Now, the question is a bit different as I want to confirm authenticity of bond.

Company is moving me to a different track which is resulting in this bond of 18 Months duration.

My question now is that if they terminate me on the basis of failed background verification which is not my fault, do I still have to pay 1Lakh bond amount?

I heard from fgew of my colleagues that Bonds are not legal in India and only issue would be in giving me my experience letter.

Please share some light on it.

Thanks everyone for being so helpful.

Robin Rao (Sr. Analyst)     09 July 2015

Hi Everyone,

Any update on my question please?

As you can see, my question is updated; it's not the old one.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 July 2015

The image of Clause;4d can not be downloaded/viewed.

In other thread you have posted at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Background-verification-121645.asp#.VZ4XUbV-jMp

“Recently, I applied to move in a better domain which initiated my Background Verification again.

I had submitted 3 months experience of a small company which is shut down. They are asking for HR contact person or any colleague who worked there earlier; but I don't have any such info now as company is closed and I am not able to reach out to anyone.

I had submitted 3 months experience of a small company which is shut down.”

Is it stated in any of the documents/rule/policy that employee has to make an application to move to dept/domain of………………(name of Dept/Domain) etc………………..and sign a BOND/Service Agreement? Download all such documents/rules and attach these with email from personal email id followed by letter thru Redg.Post!

Was the BOND/Service Agreement place before you after moving you to other Dept/Domain?

Did you sign it and do you have the copy?

The BOND/Service Agreement was created in lieu of what extra ordinary favor by the company e.g. some certified training from some certified Instt. at the expense of company that would add to your qualification? If there was no extra ordinary favor then your counsel may opine that  BOND is unconscionable/unreasonable/VOID.

It is none of your obligation to provide any HR personnel or anyone else working in the company.

As per law of the land each company has to register before starting its business and apply before closing to an authority as prescribed under law/enactments applicable to the company.

If it was IT company then it was covered by (name of the state) Shops and Commercial establishments Act and as per (name of the state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Rules it had to submit various registers (even if by electronic mode) pertaining to DOJ/LWD/Wages Paid of each employee………………………e.g. Form ‘N’ as in Tamilnadu Shops and Commercial Establishments Rules. If the company has not submitted these again you are not at fault.

If you have submitted experience certificate and BGV was conducted on joining and it succeeded then it is sufficient. It is internal/private need of the company and you are not involved in it.

If company does not know how to conduct BGV or is unable do it on joining and repeatedly later, you are not responsible and accountable and not liable to pay any penalty.

You may go thru another thread at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Dual-employment-fix-please-advice-123266.asp#.VZ4Xf7V-jMo

What is this establishment registered as: Commercial,Industrial?
The Division/Dept./office where you were located last is: registered as: Commercial,Industrial?

How many maximum persons are employed in it at any point of time, before and after your resignation?

The Redg Office,Corporate Office of the company, and your reporting office was located in which state?

What was your designation and nature of duties?

Did you have any power to sanction (not just recommend) leave/increment/appoint/terminate?

Were you confirmed or under probation period?

Does the establishment have its certified standing orders and is your designation covered by it or Model Standing orders apply to it?

Has it issued you any offer letter (after selection, before joining) and appointment letter after joining, and salary slip of each month, PF number, ESIC card, I.Card?
What do you mean by letter of invitation/LOI? What is it? Did you submit its accepted copy?

Do you have leave policy, HR policy, Service Rules and Regulations, Conduct and Discipline Rules, Exit Policy, that are mentioned in the appointment letter etc?

Did you resign in writing under proper acknowledgment (followed by letter under acknowledgment or by Redg. Post), and mention NO tasks are pending at your end and to whom you should handover the charge?

Are you a member of any employee’s/Trade Unions?

Have you been terminated or has any notice been issued to you?

Have you consulted an able Labor Law Consultant/Service Matters Lawyer/Law Firm dealing in labor-service matters and what is the opinion of your counsel?

You may reply pointwise to each point for further response.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register