LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ketan (Finance Consultant)     03 February 2023

Company(furlenco) refusing bill in customer's name

Dear Sir/Ma'm,

I have bought some furniture from furlenco(a furniture company). The furniture was on rent for an year with me, which I later bought from Furlenco after paying the agreed price and GST amount. But furlenco is refusing the bill in my name for this purchase. After multiple followups, it is now saying that the bill will only be given in the name of a Furlenco ID.

This Furlenco ID is a temporary id assigned to customers by furlenco. 

My question, what can be the probable reasons for a company to deny a bill in customer name and instead use an internal ID ? Is Furlenco selling furniture without some legal license, or is it just trying to save tax, by charging it to customer, but not paying to govt. ?


 3 Replies

Sidhhi   03 February 2023

Trying to cheat government of taxes.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 February 2023

you can file consumer complaint before your district Commission contending the facts as you stated on the basis unfair trade practice adopted by the Seller and demand for invoice of the goods 

Niharika Lohan   22 May 2023

Hi Ketan, I'm Adv Niharika and here is my take on your query.

In my opinion, you have two remedies available.

1- Filing a complaint at Consumer Redressal Commission

2- Filing a complaint at Permanent Lok Adalat

Here is How to file a complaint in Consumer Redressal Forum:
STEP 1: Intimation via Notice:

A notice to be sent by the aggrieved party to the service provider who provided the goods or the services. The notice is also an attempt to settle the complaint without approaching the Forum i.e. if the service provider is willing to offer compensation or any other remedy.

STEP 2: Get the Consumer Complaint Drafted:

If the service provider is not willing to offer compensation or any other remedy, the next step is to file a formal complaint under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986. The filing of the Complaint does not necessarily require a lawyer. The complaint can be filed directly by the aggrieved person. The following details must be specified in the complaint.

STEP 3: Attach Relevant Documents:

Copies of material evidence and relevant documents that support your case in Consumer Forum like:

-A copy of the bill, receipt of delivery, packaging of a product, a record of online booking of the goods bought

-Warranty/Guarantee certificates

-A copy of the written complaint and notice sent to the manufacturer/seller

Another alternative remedy can be filing an application before the Permanent Lok Adaalat of your city/district.  PLA have jurisdiction to try cases concerning Public Utility Services under S. 22(c) of the Legal Services Authority Act, 1987,. Furthermore, I’d like to state that applications before PLA are at the pre litigation stage and hiring an advocate is also not required to file an application before the said forum. You can directly bring the law in motion without any involvement of an advocate or pleader.  Hope this information helps. For further query, you can reach me at

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register