LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kapil Asthana   26 June 2023

College not returning original documents.

I dropped out from PG course. Now the college is not returning the original documents. What to do?


 7 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     26 June 2023

Are there any dues to pay to the college?  Otherwise, you report to the Registrar, University under which the college is running.

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     26 June 2023

Clear the dues if any, even thereafter college   retain your original documents, file complaint before District Consumer Commission  and claim original documents and also  compensation towards mental and physical agony caused to you. 

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 June 2023

If the college is not returning the original certificates even after clearing all the dues to the college then you can issue sa legal notie to this effect and then proceed with the legal action agaisnt the college authorities for retrieving the same.

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     27 June 2023

Very well analysed, opined and advised by experts, I endorse and appreciate.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 June 2023

The college cannot withhold your certificates. You can get an order from the appropriate court with a mandate to the college to return your certificates.

1 Like

Niharika Lohan   01 July 2023

Hi Kapil Ji,  I'm Adv. Niharika and here is my take on your query. 

Your first step should be to consult some body from the administration department of the college and make sure that you have no dues pending. Also, you must check with the librarian that no books which were issued by your name are yet not returned. The librarian will also provide you a no objection certificate or a clearance certificate. Then you should not face any trouble in going ahead with the procedure.

Now if the college had laid down any rules/guidelines with respect to dropping out of college in between the course, and you agreed to such terms and conditions while taking admission then you expressly agreed to whatever policy the college had regarding the reimbursement of fees in a drop out case, however the success of the same cannot be guaranteed as such. Go step wise with levels of escalations for the complaint : 1.Vice Chancellor 2.University Grants Commission 3. Secretary Ministry of Education and HRD. You must also keep a copy of letters, and replies (if you receive any).

Hope this information helps. For further query, you can reach me at niharikalohan@yahoo.com


1 Like

Durgesh More   01 March 2024

My university has hold my documents and told me to pay 70k fees for not  giving exams but my scholarship was accepted and I got the specific amount of that. But when I went to clg to ask for my documents they said we have to give scholarship back to government... 

My scholarship was merit based not exam based...

Plz help me through this..

I need my documents for govt exams and verification 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register