Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjaj patil (prop)     21 January 2015

Co operative society maharastra transfer fee

i have purchase house in a housing society in sangli  maharastra  .In  year 2007 i purchase house from owner  who is member of that  housing society. Housing society was formed in  year 1988 . in year 2007 society was not active  means  there is no renewal of director body. in year 2007 i purchase house  in registrar office by paying full stamp duty as per ready reckoner (rs 76,000) . That time no one can take  objection and i get my  name in property  card. now in 2015 they are saying that  you have to apply for membership of society and make payment of transfer fee RS. 80000/-  as per new  government circular. what can i do?

 2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     20 February 2015

1.  Transfer Fee throughout Maharashtra is never 80,000/-, since this is illegal.


2.  Since your Property Card has already been transferred in your name, You can safely ignore the Society demands and further you may declare that you do not want membership of Society. There is no legal compulsion to become a member of any Society.


Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

MPS RAMANI (Scientist/Engineer)     22 May 2015

If it is a co-operative housing society you have to pay for the common services that you receive. If you default on payment for the services, the Society will have a charge on your flat. Hence you have to be admitted as a member of the Society. All those who are owners of flats will have to abide by the bye-laws of the society. Only a member can be asked to follow the bye-laws. Also if and when you want to transfer the flat by sale or otherwise you have to get NOC from the Society and the buyer has to get himself admitted as member. Though admission of the buyer as member is almost mandatory it cannot be automatic.  The procedure has to be followed. If you do not have an elected Managing Committee and elections could not be held the Registrar can appoint an administrater. If these things do not happen it will be anarchy and in an anarchy anything can happen.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query