LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Feroz   07 October 2018

Claiming bank account and fixed depostis of deceased person in bank of other state

Hello, My family is located at Hyderabad and my mother had an account in Delhi. She expired in 2016 and there was no nominee in the account. The amount is around 1 lakh. We approached the bank of India (where my mother had the account) and they said to get a legal heir certificate, one indemnity bond and two sureties. We got the legal heir certificate, death certificate and will manage sureties. My questions are: 1. Are all of these really required for claiming 1 lakh. 2. Can the sureties be of Hyderabad address. I mean can we show residents of Hyderabad as sureties 3. Will the legal heir certificate and indemnity bond from hyderabad work in delhi as well. Im asking this since my sister won't be going with us to delhi and we will be taking her signature on the indemity bond and other documents. Any help would be appreciated.


 2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 October 2018

Yes.  These are the minimum requirements..  Submit documents through any branch of  their bank .  Contact the Branch Manager of that Delhi branch and local for more information..  Your sister can also submit the indemnity bond through her banker at Hyderabad.  (I suggest her to open savings bank account at local Hyd branch of Delhi Bank, and it solves several problems).

SOLOMON.RAJ (advocate/director)     08 October 2018

Yes the suritoes of hyderabad will be accepted anywhere on india.

Rev. Dr. Adv. Solomon Raj. Advocate High Courts of AP & TS,
Bharat Gaurav Samman Awardee.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query