Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498a Fighter (u)     23 September 2010

Civil Case - Roof Right

Hello,

I bought a property of Villa Ground Floor from a builder in 2006 on which I got the possession on 2007 & then he offered me good deal for other floors (only 2 more floors left in villa) I decided to buy 1st floor as he was offering me the terrace right of 2nd floor along with the Ground floor on which we were signing the agreement and I was making final payment from HDFC Ltd. I also paid token of 30% towards the 1st floor on the same day. I had an option to buy 2nd floor also but he offered me terrace with ground so I bought 1st floor as it’s close to ground.

As this agreement was made in rush there was a typing error instead of mentioning Plot No 36 builder mentioned 25 and gave me the roof right which I only realized in 2008 when builder sold the 2nd floor of the same building to some other person but did not mention any thing about the roof right on his agreement. After 20 days of signing the agreement builder issued 2nd floor owner a letter on his letterhead that he is entitle to the roof rights of 2nd floor which he already gave to me back in 2007 about 1 yrs prior. I reported this to the lender HDFC Ltd who mortgages both my floors along with the floor of 2nd floor owner. HDFC Ltd issued me a letter stating that roof rights is mentioned on my ground agreement but not mentioned on 2nd floor owner agreement.

Now I was forced to file a suite for specific performance along with a criminal complaint u/s 200CRPC. The case is filed in Faridabad.   

Pls advice me what are my chances on this case.  

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 September 2010

Either you have to file suit for declaration of existing property which you got due to wrongly mentioning in the sale deed or you issuew legal notice to the builder to make nec essary rectification in the sale deed.

498a Fighter (u)     24 September 2010

Dear Mr. Rajeev,

Thx for your reply. The builder is now saying that he never gave the roof to me its wrongly mentioned on my agreement with a mistake while he gave roof to the 2nd floor owner on whose agreement he missed to mention so he issued a letter to the 2nd floor owner that roof belongs to him. Sale deed has not happen as floor wise registration was only recently allowed by state govt., only builder buyer agreement happen which was mortage by HDFC Ltd. 

I have now filed Suit for Specific performance after paying heavy court fee. What are my chances? Will court fee and litigation fee would be refunded? How do i take the case forward?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register