Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roop Singh   25 September 2022

Civil case

Hi Team,

Once the civil case is lost by plaintiff against defendant, can plaintiff appeal it in higher court against the same civil case. And i have heard that if the plaintiff once lost the civil case, if he wants to appeal in higher court plaintiff need to pay some huge amount (half of land cost). is it right or wrong please correct me.


Roop Singh M


 4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 September 2022

Every litigant has a constitution right of appeal. As a plaintiff, if you feel aggrieved by dismissal of suit, you can file an appeal challenging the judgment / order /decree. 

However, appellant has to pay same court fees (in appeal) as it has been paid by plaintiff in original suit. 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     25 September 2022

I concur the advice of Dr.J.C.Vashista,every party to the suit/case hss right to file appeal if he feels agrieved.In appeal agrieved party has to pay same coutt fees as paid in suit.

Sri Vijayan.A (Legal Consultant)     25 September 2022

I endorse the advise of Dr. Vashista

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     26 September 2022

Appeal is a creation of Law, and nobody can stop you. You have to pay court fees and not what you think that is half of land amount etc. Engage a local lawyer, and appeal in higher court..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register