Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Veereshkumar (Lecturer)     24 June 2013

Christian converting into hindu

My query is:

Whether caste of a christian girl changes into hindu in her certificate after converting into Hinduism or even after marrying a hindu boy?

Friends please help me. I am a Hindu, I am loving a Christian girl since from 8 years. She is ever ready & interested in Hinduism. She is ready to convert to Hinduism too. My parents too agreed after long waiting. But they said they only agree on 2 conditions:

1) She has to bring a certificate from her concerned church that she is no more belongs to christianity.
2) After her conversion to Hinduism her caste in certificates has to change from Christian to Hindu.

Is it possible? please help me friends. Give rationale answers to my request. Please....

Learning

6 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 June 2013

for being Hindu one hs no binding to have a cast

Veereshkumar (Lecturer)     24 June 2013

Yes sir, but its my parents who has to answer to society. And they dont want any misconceptions from people's mind. Give me a good suggestions for my query.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 June 2013

Law cannot be moulded to suit a particular prsons social prestige.

A person converting to Hinduism can at the most carry the cast which his/her forefathers (when hindu) were having.  She may not be able to prove her caste 3/4 generation  (or more) past.

If you are SC/ST/OBC she does not get any benefit of reservation simply by marraige.

KrishnaaAnanth (Proprietor)     25 June 2013

May I suggest that you contact either a local ISKCON center or an Arya Samaj center in your locality. VHP/RSS/local temple committees are other options you should consider.  Good luck!

(Guest)

Inter-Religion marriage = Big headache in future.

Advice:  Marry someone from your caste and religion.

Hamilton Alexander (Consultant)     26 June 2013

Caste is not acquired. There are many rulings which says that converts caste remain constant. (In a recent Madras HC ruling, Justice Ramasubramanian said, “No person can acquire backwardness or most backwardness socially, upon conversion from one religion to another. Backwardness is determined by birth and not by conversion.”).

However most of those rulings are conversions from Hinduism to other communities. The same yardstick should apply to conversion to hinduism too.

Hence you can convince your parents to drop the 2nd condition as it is legally incorrect. Regarding 1st demand, Church does not issue such certificates. At max, she can give an assurance.  Even that self ack wont stand the test of law, if she wishes to convert back to Christianity or any other religion as our constitution guarantees that freedom to an individual.

Seems you are confused between the terms caste and community too.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register