Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arijit   08 September 2015

Child name and birth certificate

Dear Experts,

My name is A Goswami. I've a 3 months old baby girl. Her birth certificate has not yet been issued by the Municipal Corporation. We've to appear before them with a name of our choice to get it issued. 

We're selecting a name in consultation with a renowned numerologist. According to him the name we selected is fine however the surname should have an extra W i.e. it should spell GOSWWAMI or GOWSWAMI.

I request you to help me understand the legal process of completing the change in spelling.

Thanking you in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     08 September 2015

you just need to fill the name as per the spelling you would like to enter in the form and get it done

Arijit   09 September 2015

Thank you Saravanan for your valuable inputs. I'm just cross verifying my understanding...even though there will be a mismatch in the Surname of my daughter (GOSWWAMI) compared to mines (GOSWAMI), there won't be any legal issues in the future. She will be eligible for all legal rights as per the law. Also there is no need of an affidavit.

Please confirm.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     09 September 2015

surname doesnt got anything to do with the legal rights of your daughter.just proceed

Ashwini   11 December 2015

Hi,

Please anyone help me for how to add the surname in the birth certificate of my son who is 1 year 6 months old? His name is Samarth.D as in Birth Certificate. But, now I would like to add the surname as Samarth D. Shetty. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register