LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nagesh (techinician)     14 January 2012


A PERSON HAS CHEATED ME by taking 4 lakhs as paying a advance for a house but he has not paid and when i found out and started to ask about the money he is delaying by telling this week ,next week or 10 days then HE HAS ISSUED me a cheque and it got bounsed 3 times now when i call him no response i have all legal docs and email and sms send by him 100% proff money was directly credited to his account what all action can i take agianst himcan i file a case or go to the police


 16 Replies

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     14 January 2012

Dear nagesh,

you can prosecute him for cheque bounce case as well as cheating under sections 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act and under section 420 of I.P.C.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     14 January 2012

How you have paid such huge amount, surely some greed.

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     16 January 2012



you can prosecute him cheating 420+  138 of N I Act .


nagesh (techinician)     16 January 2012

thanks for your advice

nagesh (techinician)     16 January 2012

is it better to go to police or file a case any advise

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     16 January 2012

it is not that easy , power of defense is perpetual.

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     16 January 2012

If u have all the documentary proof and this money is legal and shown in ur income tax returns ... then u may proceed to take action u/s - 138 of the N. I. Act ......

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     16 January 2012

First issue a notice and then follow up in the court.


Shonee Kapoor

nagesh (techinician)     17 January 2012

after giving a legal notice by a lawyer he refuses to  receive it or goes abroad and after the notice period has elapsed he returnes back what has to be done in this position is there any remedy

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     17 January 2012

Not possible to believe your story that only to avoid notice he goes abroad.

nagesh (techinician)     17 January 2012

he knows the sequense on the 7 th dec 2011 i deposited the cheque and it got bounsed on 9 th dec ,so until 8 th january 2012 he was communicating with me he told his mother has passed away on 16 th dec 2011 and the poojas are until 2 nd jan 2012 and going to ganga to put the ashes and will be back on 8 th jan only and after that he told he will pay the money by demand draft now from 9 th he hand phone is always switched off and on 12 th i summited  for collection and got bounced on the same day ,so knowing the sequence he can plan how to escape

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     18 January 2012


You proceed as advised by all the [Non Defense] Experts. 

DENENSE starts only after You take action. 

Do not start imagining, he will go abroad, and mother died and Ganga & ashes & bla bla bla

Otherwise, I too have to  Support the Opinion of Shri JSDN That  "Not possible to believe your story that only to avoid notice he goes abroad."



nagesh (techinician)     31 January 2012

Dear all,

            As advised i contacted a lawyer and issued a legal notice  under 138 and 420 on 27th jan . when the cheque bouncing came to his notice He sent me a sms that he is in Dubai and only first week of feb will be back ,my lawyer has sent to his email and regd post also the notice any advice


Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     31 January 2012

That is it, wait for his return.





Shonee Kapoor


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register