Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

m m n j 79 (boa)     04 June 2013

Change surname & religion

Hello Experts,

I am not following my religion and I want to change my status as hindu to non-religion,

also want to change my surname 

what is the procedure and where to apply for it...?


 1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 June 2013

 You have to go to a Notary Public (or a Magistrate) in India and swear before him the change in your surname. Then you have to publish the fact of change of name (surname in this case) mentioning your old and new names. Then contact  and submit the affidavit and fill in the prescribed form and pay the fees at Revenue office (Tahasildar) at your local place.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query