LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nishika (Director)     13 August 2012

Change of fathers name

My son  from my first marriage carries a birth certificate with 1 st fathers surname, we got divorced and court has granted me the custody of my son. I got married again and with adoption deed and paper advertisements we got Name changed . After inquiring with customer care of PSK, i was told that the name on the passport would be as birth certificate and fathers name would be the same in birth certificate. As there is no existence of the person whose name written on birth certificate in my sons life. I would want his passport with new credentials. Pls advice.

Learning

7 Replies

Rajan Bhasin (Law Student)     13 August 2012

you need to get the records updated by showing adoption deed or you can mention guardian name which is anywas you and second husband

priyanka (Executive)     13 August 2012

My problem is also same. My son  from my first marriage carries a birth certificate with 1 st fathers surname, we got divorced by mutual consent and court has granted me the custody of my son. I got married again and now my husband wants to adopt my child and we want to change his name. Please can anybody advice me how we should go about it. Can somebody suggest me any advocate to consult. Also note that i have gone back to my maternal name before my secod marriage. But my son i steel using his original fathers name in school and studying in standard IV.

Rajan Bhasin (Law Student)     13 August 2012

Make an adoption deed.

RAHUL KANSAL 9041629676 (ADVOCATE)     13 August 2012

helloo nishika,

you can file a declaration suit and also present all your document i.e news paper cuttings and divorce decree sheet etc in court  and you can got a decree in this regard from the court.

RAHUL KANSAL 9041629676 (ADVOCATE)     13 August 2012

same advice for you priyanka.

priyanka (Executive)     13 August 2012

Hello Rahul

Thanks for your reply. CAn you please tell me will my name change ( going back to maternal name) affect this adoption deed  and do we need to get consent from his biological father for adoption process.

Ravi (Consultant)     21 July 2016

To adopt you need his Fathers consent; unless he is DEAD or unsound

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register