LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harshu   09 December 2015

Change of date of birth in passport

“How can I get the memo/law issued from ministry of external affairs to all passport offices stating that ‘court order is not required’ if the applicant can provide birth certificate?”

I have read in various  forums that there was an interim memo to all passport offices from ministry of external affairs that ‘court order is not required ‘ if the applicant can provide birth certificate.I am not able to find that law. Can you please help me in getting that memo/law so that I can easily apply for change of date of birth in passport without undergoing cumbersome procedure.

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 December 2015

Birth certificate is a document that has to be obtained from Registrar of Births, who is stationed at Municipality/Corporation/Tehasildar/Panchayat.  If the birth is through nursing home or Govt Hospital, there must be an entry at place of birth in Register.  One has to contact the concerned office, or search in the website, as some authorities uploaded informatin in website.

Certificate issued by ROB is a bonafide and valid document and if that certificate is available, no other certificates are necessary, unless there is a difference in various other educational qualifications.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register