Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

azhan ahmad   12 September 2016

Change in notice period without informing employee

Hi Team,

I am BPO employee, suddenly my company changed the notice period from 30 days to 60 days without any prior information/notice.

please check the attach pics

Now they are saying as shown in 6 a, they can change notice period anytime, but what about other two clause in offer letter.

please help me!!!

Learning

50 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 September 2016

It is mentioned at clause :k::in accordance with laws of India.............

The employer is not lawmaker.

It is referring to  in one breath that it can frame its Employment Rules and in second breath it is stating that these shall be Rules and Regulations.

How the change has been made; verbally or in writing?

By email from official email id to your official email id?

Or by letter?

Have you been asked to acknowledge the reciept and accept it in writng?

Is it stated that if you don't reply in....................days it shall be deemed as accepted?

Is it stated in appointment letter that any change made in T&C by employer shall be acceptable to employee, applicable to employee?

No nothing, when I send the resignation letter through email, I got a revert email,stating that from Sept 1 notice period has been incresed to 60 days

Is it stated anywhere that T&C shall be kept at say employee portal?

This is written in clause 6 a "without therof, an such rules and regulatios, as so amended from time to time, shall continue to be terms of your employement with complany"..

Hold on for some time before you reply in writing?

Download all communications sent from officials email id and recieved at officials email id, before the access is blocked.

Do you have copy of notice of resigantion?

Did you resign thru some software tool?

Prefer to send from personal email id or by letter thru Redg. psot.

I submitted my resigntion on 8th Sept, on 9th September they uploaded a notice in which it is written that notice period has been changed to 60 days from Sept 1st, I even asked them documents uploaded after I have sent my resignation.

But they keep chanting about clause 6 a  that they are not bound to inform about changes.

It is NOT written in clause 6 a:::::::'This is written in clause 6 a "without therof,'

It is "clause 6 a""without, any notice, therof"

It may easily be easily termed arbitrary, unreasonable,

I have offer letter's hard copy, all the email communication is done through personal email to HR's official email.

I have copy of resignation.

Screenshot of portal tool in which it is clearly showing the date of documents uploaded by company, regarding changes in notice period.

All the email trails between me and HR.

You have posted that:

"I submitted my resigntion on 8th Sept, on 9th September they uploaded a notice in which it is written that notice period has been changed to 60 days from Sept 1st, '

Download such notice.

You are in which state?

Since how many months you are working?

You have not replied pointwise, to all points.

You may reply pointwise to each point.

"clause 6 a""without, any notice, therof"  does it mean they can also change the notice period?

In the same offer letter they have also written "Any amendments or modification to this appointment letter shall be made in writting through email or letter to you".

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register