Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rameez Ansari (student)     26 July 2013

Change in name

Sir, My self Rameez Wahab Ansari from Nanded Maharashtra,

Recently i filled application form for getting a passport,

i applied for Gazzet notification for change in name and i got that Gazzet notification by Gov. of Maharashtra...... in my all documents i have name Rameez Ansari Wahab Ansari ,  and the corrected name is Rameez Wahab Ansari and same on Gazzet notification,

so, may i need to submitt a affidavit on non judicial stamp paper for change in name and a paper cutting of local daily news paper having a advertiesment of change in name while visitiong to submitt the documents at passport seva kendra......????

does Gazzet notification is Enough.....????

Learning

4 Replies

Asgarali Attarwala (Advocate)     26 July 2013

Dear Rameez,

Gazzet is nothing but a kind of advertisement and so they have not considered that as a complete proof of change of name and therefore even though you have gazzet done they will ask for affidavit and newspaper advertisement or simply and advertisement in newspaper on the basis of gazzet done.

So I would suggest that instead of running through ppk why not get the same done and then go and get your papers submitted at one shot?

asgarali

1 Like

Rameez Ansari (student)     27 July 2013

Thanks sir, but when i called to helpline number given on website they told me that i have to change my name on all the documents and have to submitt at psk along with affidavit and paper cutting. . As per the gov. Rule there will be no changes done in the past documents using the gazzet notification, only those documents which will be issue in future r issue on the basis of gazzet. Plz guide me.

Gerry Wilson (lawyer)     29 July 2013

Yes you should need to submitt a affidavit on non judicial stamp paper for change in name and a paper cutting of local daily news paper having a advertiesment of change in name

1 Like

Asgarali Attarwala (Advocate)     01 August 2013

Dear Rameez,

Dont call on their helpline number, just have the affidavit made and get the same advertise with the local daily newspapers and you will be able to submit your application.  its ridiculous of them asking to get the name change in all the documents.

asgarali

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register