Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raghu   14 January 2016

Certified copy of a page in sale deed.

Hi,

I am planning to buy a plot in Bangalore. The owner is saying that he has lost the original one page(last page) of the sale deed which has the property schedule details. He has however obtained a certified copy of the page from the sub registrar office. Can this cause problem in future when I intend to sell the plot or can I go ahead with the purchase?

Learning

4 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     14 January 2016

1.  It would perfectly legal to buy such property, based on the mentioned documents.

2.  The duly certified copy of the missing agreement page is as good as the original, ONLY if stamped and certified by the registrar of sub-assurances.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
Read Articles: https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar

1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     14 January 2016

If it is a certified copy duly signed and stamped by sub- registrar then it is a valid one, you can go to purchase it .
1 Like

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     15 January 2016

1) The certified copy obtained from the Sub-Registrar office is a valid document.  However, u hv to verify whether the last page containing scheduled property shown now by the seller is not tampered and exactly the same as the original.

2) U may check online thumbnail documents from the SR portal if loaded or otherwise obtain another certified copy keep it for yourself which will be useful as a link document in all ur transactions.  Do not ask the seller to provide u with another certified copy but u should apply by urself not the seller on your behalf to avoid tampering if any in between.

3) A suitably drafted affidavit to that effect be obtained from the seller.  Get the same drafted by an experienced civil lawyer of your area.

raghu   19 January 2016

Thanks for the replies.

I obtained the certified sale deed and EC from the sub-registrar office and found(the page) to be proper. I will also ask for affidavit from the seller.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register