LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Y Singh N Rajput (Management Consultant)     19 January 2018

Certain facts

A person has to approach high court through a lawyer. Can he write to the court or aprise the court about ceratin facts relevant to a court case?

I got locus standi. I would be joing a party to this suit. In fact the other party has filed this case hiding certain material facts. For petty thing long procedure is to be done. He should have made me party to the suit.



 4 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     19 January 2018

What do you mean by writing to the Court?  

Do you mean, writing directly, instead of through your pleading (i.e. either through petition or through written submission)?  THAT IS NOT AT ALL PERMISSIBLE.  Anything and everything, whatever you want to submit to the court, you must do it through the pleadings only.


TGK REDDI   19 January 2018

I fully agree with Shri R. Ramachandran.

The Questioner appears to have no locus standi either.

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     19 January 2018

state full facts to get proper response

Y Singh N Rajput (Management Consultant)     25 January 2018

There was a case in High Court between A - a company and G- Govt Organisation about some property. I joined the matter as a party as a criminal case against "A" pertaining to same property and the case was pending in lower court. "A" submitted an application and High Court permitted him to withdrew the matter as the case was lying the lower court.

Because of long absence my advocate the lower court disposed of the matter. I appealed to Dist. Court and the matter was reinstated. Between disposal and reinstatement it took about 3 months. Before the reinstatement, "A" filed again the case to High Court without making me a party.   

I simply wanted to bring in notice the High Court that the criminal case was reinstated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register