Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ayush Mishra   24 December 2019

caveat already filed for partition suit

What is effect if a caveat is already filed against my case. Please help with the next step to proceed. If any precaution needs to be taken, Kindly help.

 5 Replies

Adv Neeraj Kumar   25 December 2019

your opposite party wil get to know through court that you have filed the case

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 December 2019

Caveat means Formal notice or warning, usually as an entry into a court register, given by a concerned party to a court or judge to prevent some action (such as granting of a probate) being taken without prior notice to that party. Latin for, let him beware.


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 December 2019

When you have engaged a professional for this litigation, trust him and he will be in a better position to advise you.

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     26 December 2019

An academic question should have been solved by your tutor.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 December 2019

caveat petition is a precautionary measure which is undertaken by people usually when they are having a very strong apprehension that some case is going to be filed in the Court regarding their interest in any manner.

purpose of a caveat may be to allow time for parties to apply to the court to enforce or determine an interest in land. Alternatively, the purpose may be to alert a third party as to the interest claimed

The registration of a caveat over the title to land (includes units, houses and any real property) acts as an injunction which prevents any further dealings taking place in relation to the land (for example, the sale or transfer of ownership of a property). ... A caveat cannot be lodged without reasonable cause.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query