LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

advocate (prop)     13 May 2012

Cash deposit in bank account by third party

i had given cash sum of rs 49000to a third party in punjab to deposit in my savings account in punjab and i am a resident of delhi.the person though deposited the same in my account butr never gave me the rceip[t.this was donesometimes in sept 2011.now he claims that it was his money and continuously threatensme to return the same.all he hasis a cash receipt.in the worst scenario what legal action can he take and what is trhe limitation clause.

Learning

4 Replies

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     15 May 2012

Let matter proceed, you need not worry. 

you must have withdrawn that sum, and may have some proof that you paid CASH to him??

DSO NOT WORRY, DO NOT THINK FURTHER. . 

Ignore his threatening. 

Democratic Indian (n/a)     15 May 2012

At the moment do as advised by Adv. V. R. Shroff. In future avoid this as far as possible. These days in most of the banks you do not have to phyisically go to the particular branch to deposit money in your account. Instead you can deposit money into your accout from anywhere in India from any branch of that bank.

Chandan Gupta (Self)     21 May 2013

I have a similar case with my brother in law. He use to deposit cash in my account when my wife use to ask for it without my knowledge and she was a joint account holder. However after I came to know abt it, I have told both my wife and bro in law not to do so. My bro in law treathens me the same. Under which section and law, I can be secured.

Please respond as soon as possible as I am very worried.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     21 May 2013

Mr. adv. shroff is right

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register