Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreeni (Others)     22 March 2013

Car parking issue and encroachment issue in our apartment.

Respected Law Community,

I have the below query regarding an encroachment done by one of the residents with in our apartment complex.

One of the residents have moved his apartment walls pushing them outside there by he got more of living space for his house. The association is acting just dumb in this regard and did not resist.

Is there any legal action that I can take now as a resident to address this issue. Today he has done this and tomorrow some other resident can do encroachment in a different way.

Please let me know what exactly need to be done.

Another issue that we are facing in the apartment is related to car parking in the common area.

There are some flats which have reserved cover parking garage. However there are some apartments who do not have any parking space and hence these people start parking in this common area. The people who have garages started claiming that no body should park cars in this common area. Interestingly people are parking their cars at free of cost. Though all know that people are parking in the common area because they do not have any reserved space  unlike others who have reserved covered garage - I wanted to know how legal/illegal to park this way? The other thing that I am proposing to association is why can't they start charge for parking so that association can get nominal amount which is good for association.

Request you to share your comments from legal perspective.

Thanks

Sreeni

Learning

10 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     23 March 2013

if the car parking facility is inadequate, then the members of the society needs to accomodate the other mombers by allowing them to park the car at the available space. i.e. common area or outside the building. but the Car parking should not cause trouble to the members or inconivenicence in ny manner.

If the Car is being parked in the society compund, then the society can harge a nominal car parking charges to those members. such charges are legal and society could make good use of it.

with regards to the extension of wall by the memebr at their house, it is advisable to check the modified construction done at home before taking any action. Kindly check whther the alteration is done to the beam or colum of the building???? if not, then changes might not cause harm to the building structure and if the extension of wall is not going to create ay trouble to the society or its memebrs then you might ignore it. otherwise society needs to serve a notice to such member to reconstruct the structure in its original form within a specific period otherwise society may take necessary action i.e. informing the municipal corporation in wirting to initiate ation against such member.

But remeber the said memebr might fire back if he is aware that other memebrs have done similar changes in house, then he might ask the officers of municipal corporation to carry out inspection of others members houses too.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Sreeni (Others)     23 March 2013

Thank you sir for a detailed and elaborate clarification on these two issues.

I appreciate and thank you once again.

-Sreeni

SAA_Bombay (Pro)     26 March 2013

Further to add, if your society is among one, who had not received the OC, then no member is allowed to change the allignment of flats, shop or any place in apartment. Even if you have OC, you need the prior permission from Municipal Corporation to make changes in flat, alignment of aprtment etc. many few people are aware of this law. In your case, i am confused how wall will be pushed out. Wall of aprtment should be between two pillars & beam. The easiest way is, make RTI & get plan of this aprtment, any change in actual other then plan without permission of authority, its not allowed.

Sreeni (Others)     26 March 2013

Sanjay sir, Thanks! For all upper floors, the window and the wall on which the winow is resting is placed 2 feet back from the edge of the wall. (Just as a symmetry and fashion). The owner at the ground floor has just pushed it from by 2 feet (two huge windows of this pattern), there by he gained/encroached sufficient space. As suggested by I will put RTI on the same related to actual versus deviation. Can you please help me with the URL for the RTI? Or do we need to do it at municipal corporation office? Thanks and regards Sreeni

Sreeni (Others)     26 March 2013

A total of 80 sft has been encroached.

SAA_Bombay (Pro)     28 March 2013

You have get same from Building Proposal Dept. or BMC both. First you need to get the File no. of your buildng, that only office peon can help you.  

Sreeni (Others)     29 March 2013

I understand the procedure sir, thank you.

Virumandi (Employee)     18 October 2013

Respected Sir/Mam,

In my apartment,  one of the house owners has encroached the common area and installed a grill gate in the common area. He says that because his house is in the corner of the floor, he has put that gate and he is not allowing anyone to access that area. 

I had complained about this to builder a couple of times with other house owners but the builder is not responding properly.

Since our apartment is newly constructed, we have not formed any association till now.

Please let us know how to take this issue forward legally.

Regards,

Virumandi 

Sreeni (Others)     21 October 2013

Virumandi,

I suggest you file RTI / and also work with municipal corporation authorities  - for a closure of this issue.

-Sreeni

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     23 October 2013

@Mr. Virumandi

Please state as to in which State and city is your building. Laws are different in different States. It appears that your building is still in initial stages and the builder is still in control. If so you can file a complaint against the builder before the Consumer Forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register