LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrs . Shanta Rani (Housewife)     17 September 2011

Capital gain/income tax

My Uncle concealed the fact that my grandmother had a daughter and filed affidavits to transfer the property in his name. I now understand that he is interested in giving us our share in the property after selling it to a third party. My questions is….


a)    Can he sell this property which he has transferred thru concealing of facts?

b)    How can ensure that I get my share from the sale?

c)    What are the legal documents that need to be created so as to protect me legally as the property is in his name?

d)    Do I need to sign any documents?

e)    Can I have the potential buyer pay me directly?

f)     Will I have to pay any tax as I do not have the property in our names?


 1 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     17 September 2011

Before answering the queries I would like the facts of the case including how the property was acquired by your grandmother and when did she pass away.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register