LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tripti Nagwekar (Owner)     29 August 2012

Can tenant have room more than 1 in onepagdi system building

Dear Advisors, Tenant A bought one room B in the pagdi system building E in the year 1975 and second room C in the same pagdi system building E in the year 1977 and third room D in the same pagdi system building E in the year 1979 from the another tenant and the landlord transferred the receipts after taking below table money at that time.  Thus tenant A got three rooms B, C, D in the pagdi system building E.  In the year 2002, the landlord of the building E told tenant A to return room B or C or D room at free of cost i.e. at least 2 or 1 room out of 3 rooms since tenant A has 3 rooms and one or two rooms are sufficient to stay.  Tenant A refused to return.  The landlord filed the suit to claim two rooms at free of cost.  Now please tell me whether landlord would get one or two rooms back or not?

Learning

1 Replies

Manish (Proprietor)     03 September 2012

If it is for the bonafide use for his personal use,i.e if the LL is having a huge family and is not able to accomdate them in the rooms with him,he can surely claim on the other side if you have a registered agreement ,then say that at the time of the agreement the LL was having the same position as is now and the bonafide use is a after thought,& only to harsse me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register