LIVE Online Course on Indian Constitution by Dr. Ravishankar Mor. Register Now!!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ronny Tech   27 May 2022

Can sister in law move in permanently with her child.

I am 43 year old married for 16 years. My sister in law who is one is younger to my wife had a disturbed life - 2 engagements broke, got divorced once and finally married to a colleague 5 years back who was not a pleasant guy. He and his family had been a permanent torture for everyone. He had major health issues, and finally had a RHBD brain damage 15 months ago. He was supposed to die but he survived and made life hell for everyone. He cannot work, earn or look after his child. He cannot walk, use the bathroom without help and does not make any attempt to recover. His parents and family have disowned him. House on loan was sold as no one can pay the emi, He just eats watches TV whole day and sleeps basically living in my mother in laws house at their expense. My sister in law is not in a good emotional state and she will run out of funds soon. Somehow we will have to send the guy back to his family. 

My sister in law has been really close as a friend for last 16 years and now I can't trust anyone to enter her life. The men who came in her life just exploited her. She is very depressed. I want her to stay with us with her child on a permanent basis. For the doctors on morals in this forum, marriage is not about s*x. Its a protection for girls and women from all outsiders. I wish I could marry her legally obviously keeping my current marriage active. But law is beyond human lives. So be it. What is the second best option not to support them but cover them for life, where she can live with honor and her 4 year old daughter feels safe and get the same attention as my 9 year old daughter. Hoping to see some legal advice from matured folks on this forum. 


 2 Replies

MUKUND KUMAR (Lawyer)     28 May 2022

Your life, your marriage is a different thing and her life, her marrige life is a different thing. Don't mix them up. Let her resolve her issue on her own else your marrige life, marrige life and family life will certainely spoil away. And yes shw will also loss her honour also.

The way you are thinking to help her, there is no such a legal remedy.

1 Like

Ronny Tech   03 June 2022

Thanks for the input. Finally his parents agreed to keep their mentally challenged son. They need a good sum of money and whatever gold they gifted during marriage to keep him which we would pay. This would reduce 90% of the stress in our family and help us think clear. Hereon many options will open to get her settled. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query