LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tarachand   18 January 2018

Can same person register sael- agreement for himself

Sirs / Madams


“Mr. X”   is   the  Owner   of   the   FLAT.


And   “Mr. X”  gave  registered   P.O.A.  to    “MR. Y”   for   registering  the  Sale-Agreement   executed   by  “Mr X”


Now   after   Six   Months   “Mr X”   decided   to   sell   that   Flat   to   “Mr. Y”  only


Latest  Development


“Mr. X”   executed   “Sale – Agreement”  in  favour  of  “Mr. Y”    


Can  “Mr. Y”  register  the  aforesaid  “Sale – Agreement”   executed  by  “Mr. X”  in  favour    of “Mr. Y”  only


Is it allowed ?


Kindly guide



 5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     18 January 2018

No, X shall execute a sale deed to Y.  

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 January 2018

GO thru PoA......carefully.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 January 2018

Won't IT be better to cancell PoA and register sale deed!

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     19 January 2018

Yes, Y can register the sale deed. What makes you think that Y can not do that?

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     19 January 2018

On the basis of Registered Power of Attorney granted by Mr.X, Y can execute a Sale Deed in favour of anybody (but in this case, in favour of that person to whom X has agreed to sell the property i.e. Y).

Y can definitely execute the Sale Deed and Register in favour of Y.

Here Y has dual capacity.

While executing the Sale Deed, Y is acting for and on behalf of X as Y's Power of Attorney.  When the sale deed is in favour of Y, then Y acts in his capacity as purchaser.  IT IS PERFECTLY LEGAL AND VALID.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query