Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prakashsamal   19 August 2017

Can respondent help his advocate during cross examination

Hi All,

Greeting of the day !!!

I have one doubt, please help me on this.

My wife filed a DV case in JMFC court against me and asking for maintenance.

During cross examination, I was standing near to my lawyer and whisper him few questions to ask my wife (which could help me). Then opposite party lawyer shouted on me and ask me to go back to my sit. 

Is this legally valid that I can assist my advocate without disturbing the court.

If yes which document or law manual can I refer for the details.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Prakash S

Learning

2 Replies

KS Johal   20 August 2017

It appears to me that you seem to be a student of law. Nevertheless you must understand the court procedure. You cannot start walking around the court and whispering information into your lawyers ear. In order for a proper cross examination to take place you must follow the court procedure. If you want to help you advocate obviously the time and place to do that is outside the court. Yes there are times when the advocate needs some information from yourself which he will request the court.

prakashsamal   20 August 2017

Johal Sir,

Thanks for the reply.

But I consult many of lawyers and they have different view than yours. Yes I should not disturb the court environment or should not argue with opponent lawyers but I can assit my lawyer if he/she forget to ask any of important question.

Please guide me if I am wrong or any such proedures are there where I can stand near to my lawyer and help me during cross examination.

I am not a law student but yes I am learning law to fight a flase case against me. 

Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register