LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Frank   18 October 2016

Can non-advocate appear before registrar of co-op. societies

A very senior citizen member of a Co-op. Hsg. Society who is about 80 years old requested me to appear before the Divisional Jt.Registrar, Co-op Societies, Mumbai as his agent by giving me his 'Letter of Authority'. However, the opponent Advcoate has taken an objection against me to be allowed to appear, I being a non-advocate. He has also cited SC judgement in 'Goa Antibiotics and Pharmaceuticals Ltd.' decided on 04.07.2011. Rule 106 of the 'Maharastra Co-op. Socities Rules, 1961' makes a specific provision for such agents. Would I be able to take support of rule 106? I have also referred to the SC judgment in 'C. Venkatachalam' decided after the above judgment on 29.08.2011.

Thank you in advcance.

Learning

1 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     19 October 2016

Yes!A non Advocate by obtaining a letter of authority from the concerned party as his or her agent or authorized  representative file a  letter of authority before  the Registrar of cooperative Societies to argue on behalf of the person  who engaged him. So  the senior  citizen can obtain a letter  of authority  from the concerned party and argue or represent his principal's or the person who engaged him's case before the  Registrar of cooperative societies.If you appreciate this ansnwer please click the thank you button on this forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register