LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRATUL PANDEY (SELF)     09 October 2014

Can military - indian army be tried in civil courts


I lodged a complaint against a person with Indian Army . This person has a criminal case pending against him but he was still commissioned in the Army. Internal Army investigations disregarded the criminal case and absolved this person from any side effects of the pendency of the criminal case and instead termed my complaint as false and malafide on blatantly false grounds . 

I want to try Indian Army for having flouted their own Norms and Service Rules and also doing a biased inquiry into my complaint.  Do Indian Civil District and High Courts have jurisdiction on Indian Army for issues like this .


With Regards



 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 October 2014

You may have to file a writ petition in high court seeking relief and remedy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register