LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreedhar (Consultant)     09 January 2012

Can individual file criminal case against police !

Dear Experts,

Can an ordinary citizen file a criminal case against police officer who is guilty of his duties? Now a days for a simple reasons also police are framing big cases under various sections to squeeze money from the innocent people in various cases.

If possibilities are there then what would be the approach. How can we tackle these kind of people who are mis using their powers with protection of their uniforms.

And also suggest me where can I get the material to read such sections.




 15 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     09 January 2012

before make complaint get all the evidence and proof thereafter file writ.



For filing the cases against police you should have power ( background such as leaders/lawyers etc) plus solid proof.

Prabodh Shukla (Advocate )     10 January 2012

Dear Sreedher,

      a simple hint for your Querry because my senior on the very first day adviased me never give full advice in free of cost because you have one teo things to sale i.e your brain and time , ask your self who is your guadian according to law of the land , your guadian will help you definatly, i had solve many cases like that..... and hint for another solution is rest for next....

the silution for your querry is in two fold, first i disclose by the way of hint ......


 Regards ADV prabodh Shukla

Delhi HIgh Court  

Sreedhar (Consultant)     10 January 2012

Dear Prabodh,

Thanks for the reply...but my question is for the experts who have great thoughts for service to the nation and common citizens. Money is important for our livelihood but it is not for all.

So my request to the people in this forum, who bother about commercials purely dont respond to my questions.


Sreedhar Kodali

Kundan Kr. Singh (Advocate)     12 January 2012


Before filing complaint you may lodge complainant before Sr.Police officer as SP,DCP etc.

Sreedhar (Consultant)     13 January 2012

Hi Sir,

Actually I dont have any problem. Just to know whether the law can protect citizens from the police attrocities completely. Under what sections the police can be charged for the negligence/guilty of their duties or framing fake cases against the innocent people.

I would like to study these things, I am not a law student but interested to learn these things and if possible I can help others too.

Now we have some tools for common people like Citizens charter, Information act in such way there should be some kind of power to the common public to safe guard from such uniformed criminals.



A.VIVEK ADVOCATE (ADVOCATE)     15 January 2012


Dr. Rajkumar Hari Pol (Profession)     30 January 2012

You can read about it in I. P. C. as offences by public servants, in State Police Act, in Human Right Act etc. and also read the provision u/s 197 cr. p. c. You can file complaint against any person including police officer who is guilty under criminal law as per the provision of the law.

1 Like

Sreedhar (Consultant)     30 January 2012


Tthank you Raj !




abdul raheem (B.A.,L.L.B)     18 February 2012

if u harted or false case had fixed against you, you may file case against the police but you had sufficent proof.

Ganga Dhar (Junior Advocate)     29 February 2012

Dear Sreedhar If you are a true Indian  then please remember you can  fight with the God but not with Indian Police and if police frames you in a false case then also you will not be able to save yourself because you would have to hire a black robed advocate and he will fleece you but at last you would have to be on the mercy of Indian Police. I suggest eveybody to not to take PANGA or meddle with Indian police. People talk many things but end result that you would be the SUFFERER.

Choice is yours, no use of becoming Hero.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     01 March 2012

Very practical and honest answer by you. If you read the links mentioned by me in this thread https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Help-needed-against-police-bullying-52701.asp same gets further confirmed.

anahita bhats (employed)     25 April 2012


I am from Mumbai I need to file a criminal complainst ,  against  a individul who has forged my signatures , on stamp paper. kindly let me know the process and how do i go about it 

thank y ou 

Aravind kumar (Advocate)     15 January 2013


 merely u file a writ against the police officer,whoever misconduct the duty and falsely lodged a complaint innocent person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register