Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

can i marry a person whose wife committed sucide

Page no : 2

(Guest)

Okay..

See I cannot talk of the legal part.For that legal experts are there.

Even if the name of the girl is not mentioned in FIR,they may produce some evidenve later of their affair.

Just in case they cannot produce any evidence,but come to know you have an affair,there is a possibility they may involve you too.They have lost their girl over an affair.To prove that they may take your name also.Who knows!

This man may be lying for all reasons you know.No man,however guilty he may be,will tell the truth about his own faults and abusive nature.Otherwise he will lose reputation in society.

That is why even the closest of relatives stay away from those into litigation,as they fear being implicated into something.

And the charges against him are really serious!

So you decide whether you are willing to lead a difficult life ahead with him with a possibility that you & your family may also be impliicated,even if you are faultless

1 Like

Balbir Singh Chauhan (lawyer)     05 March 2011

As we all know LOVE IS BLIND... but do u all agree tht we can fold our eyes and dont see the truth.

Meenal is right in saying tht no one commits suicide for fun. there may be two outcomes:

1. the wife was facing trauma atthe hands of the fmaily.

2 and may she is suffering from any ailments physical or mental.

now its upto u to find out the truth and decide because now a days there is lot of abusin of sec 498 IPC even the people who are innocent are being traumatised whern prosecuted under this sec.

1 Like

A.VIVEK ADVOCATE (ADVOCATE)     05 March 2011

legale no problem  ???????????????

let me know what is your age ?

what are you?

why you want to marry a person who is having a criminal case  like against the women ?

what is the real relationship betwee you and that person?

whether your parant  is having knowledge about your relationship with that person?

why you worried about the criminal case ? kindle give a replay please

1 Like

A.VIVEK ADVOCATE (ADVOCATE)     05 March 2011

please take  a proper advice before marriage  to aviod prolem.

1 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     05 March 2011

I cannot believe that the wife who died must have filed these cases for money extortion.

If that was so,would she not like to remain alive,to get her booty?

Her cases seem to be genuine.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     05 March 2011

I agree with Roshni B's logic.

A_man Fighting for Justice (Unemployed)     06 March 2011

Rinku,

I think walking down the aisle while his trial is pending isn't a wise decision as this would definitely fail his case. As far as you and your family members are concerned, I don’t think you should worry about getting implicated.

He needs your support, please do not back out. If you truly love him, try to work around this issue. You can postpone your marriage until he is acquitted. God forbid! If he gets convicted, appeal in the higher courts but do not give up. You don’t leave your loved ones when they are in trouble, do you?  Sit down with your parents and tell them what you intend to do with your life. Stop bothering about what society thinks about your affair with a man whose wife committed suicide. I am sure you are a strong woman, keep faith in God and yourself. Shall give it some more thought tonight, will revert later.

Further, I am completely dismayed by an expert's view on women committing suicide. Please be enlightened with the below statistics and Supreme Court's view on such suicides (posted by the expert herself).  https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Abetting-bahu-s-suicide-Accused-should-have-active-role-SC-33005.asp. A 306 can never be filled by the deceassed herself unless ofcourse this happens...

Dowry death `victim' produced in court

TNN, Feb 21, 2011, 10.56pm IST

KANPUR: Deepika alias Neha, whose in-laws are behind the bars on charges of dowry death since the last four months, was arrested and produced before the court on Monday. The girl was taken into judicial custody and sent to nari niketan. The judicial official fixed February 22 as next date to hear the case. Counsel for accused Dinesh Awasthi (Deepika's father-in-law), Sonu Awasthi (husband) and Raman, brother-in-law moved an application before the court to summon the guardians of Deepika and ask them to identify the girl in the court. Deepika, daughter of Kamlesh Shukla, was married to Sonu Awasthi, a resident of Ganj Gopalpur on July 9, 2010. She disappeared from her in-laws' house in October, 2010. The girl could not be traced. Hence, her mother Sudha Shukla lodged an FIR and charged her husband and in-laws of dowry death. She identified a woman's body, which was found in Panki canal, as that of Deepika on October 27, 2010. The Chaubeypur police arrested Dinesh, Sonu and Raman Awasthi on charges of dowry death. Since then, the three accused were in jail. 

The police completed its investigation and filed chargesheet against them on December 27, 2010. The investigation officer gave a list of 15 witnesses including parents of the girl and brother. According to defence counsel PN Tripathi, the girl was spotted in Barra locality. Soon it was confirmed that Deepika was alive and living at Barra with her paramour Manish, a resident of Baikunthpur in Bithoor. 

Once it was confirmed that Deepika was alive, her parents filed an affidavit in support of accused, claiming them as innocent. The kin of accused and Deepika's mother Sudha Shukla also reported the matter to DIG, who passed the investigation to the circle officer, Chaubeypur.
The police claimed to nab her from Chaubeypur railway station and produced her in the court of chief judicial magistrate, Ramabai Nagar. Since CJM was on leave, judicial magistrate took her in judicial custody and asked her to appear before the court on February 22 to get her statement. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Official Statistics (Source: NCRB)

Males

Females

Suicide of MARRIED
persons (2005-2009)

SUICIDE Rate (Married)

65.03%

34.97%

One SUICIDE in Every

9.34 Mins

17.56 Mins

Number of MURDERS

One Murder in Every

19Mins

66Mins

No of 498a cases in 2006-2009 by

N/A

Suicide Note of a Husband

Suicide Note of Pushkar Singh - Lucknow

Suicide Note1 of Pushkar Singh - Lucknow

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by :A_man Fighting for Justice
" I am completely dismayed by an expert's view on women committing suicide. Please be enlightened with the below statistics and Supreme Court's view on such suicides (posted by the expert herself).  https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Abetting-bahu-s-suicide-Accused-should-have-active-role-SC-33005.asp "

Oh really!

I did not know that my views relating to a wife's suicide have dismayed you.

Can you let me know what offended you?

I shall take your points as food for thought.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     06 March 2011

ms rinku's question is quite diffrent than your answer, mr A-MAN...,

but it has a great legal value. please start a seperate thread.

thanks.

pradyot kumar goswami (Ex legal practitioner)     17 March 2011

pl say frankly wheather u hv come in his life before suicide,rather u r the coz of it

A_man Fighting for Justice (Unemployed)     17 March 2011

Pradyot, she has already answered this audacious query raised by other gossip hungry experts like you. Either give advice or keep quiet.

1 Like

sivani (engineer)     18 March 2011

If you have come in his life after his wife committed suicide, I am not able to understand why you would want to marry this man.  You are deliberately asking for trouble.

2 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     18 March 2011

" why you would want to marry this man.  You are deliberately asking for trouble."

---  there might be many reasons, but they are very personal, and better not to discuss in open space. it is also not nice to ask the same question again and again by one or other member. privacy of one should be respected. she already cleared her position in this thread.

1 Like

rajiv_lodha (zz)     19 March 2011

This is a forum to discuss legal issues, lets concentrate on legal stand of the problem rather than poking into her personal life.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register