LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Can i file divorce first

can husband file divorce, how it can harm him back,my wife told so lies(like beating, torture etc,) in mahila polie thana, when i called them then she came with my BIL and MIL. they prooved as guilty there by me and became so angry and saying will complain of these police to their SP.
then she wrote an agreement to join me on 25 sep12 and will leave me if the beating and torture will be.we both signed that.
after that she called some her GUNDA relative and a rajasthan high court adv,they are saying that on 25 sept they will file a case via court permission to make me arrest.
she is clearly saying that i will not come and that agreement is nothing for her, can i file divorce under adultry, mental cruelty,desertion,
she is 4 months pregnant. she is saying that to get my insurance she will wait till my death. she also made calls to my office and said wrong feedback of me but they denied. plz help they are very cruel..


 5 Replies


i escaped before they came now they will be at her home for 7-8 days till i will go back. if i will go to mahila police stn they can arrest me. one of her relative is advising my MIL send for 1-2 months then make same complain and file the case.

Suryaa.saravanan (other)     22 September 2012

dont worry. mahila police dont have power to arrest you.. they apporach to your area police station.

stanley (Freedom)     22 September 2012

You can file divorce at any time . But the repercussions are like Newtons third law of motion " For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction " .So now be ready for a False DV case and cases like False 498 A being filed upon you . 

In DV case there is no arrest in 498 A they arrest you and than you have to seek Anticipatory bail from court and contest the case on your merits and prove that she is false .In DV case she may file for maintanence for her and the kid , She can come and park herself in your house anytime and you cant even throw her out .She may ask for compensation etc . Dont panic this is a part of our great indian system due to gender biased laws. And remember these case take more a less 4-5 yrs time where in your youth time and money is lost in lawyers fees :) . Anyway have a nice day, God bless you and welcome to the great indian Tamasha Reality :).


i have 1GB voice data recorded in which the record of her boyfriend conversations with her and with her mother also there of 10 menuts. she clearly saying will die without him. she was forced to marry by her mother. i m a central govt employee.


 thanks salini, she is now telling clearly to jail me and even signed the compromise saying it is not necessary to go. she sometimes clearly saying of divorce then jail.she is in love with someone else to whoom i know. how can sec 9 help.
she didnt come even reservation, then i went to take her back also she forbidden to meet. then in mahila police thana compromise she is denying. then also why should i not file divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query